Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, August 28, 2017

Two Weeks...

Hey Mom! 

It's weird that it's coming up so fast! I don't want to think about it, but I know I have to if I want to be at least a little successful at home I do need to think about it haha! But I want to make sure that this area is left better than when I found it. My goal is to just make sure that when I leave the work doesn't stop. Which it won't, but I want to make the transition as smooth as possible. 

But things are still going great! On saturday we helped some member's in the ward paint their friend's deck for  a service project. IT took 8 HOURS. But it was fun! I'm still sore from it. But THEY CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY. It was so cool! They aren't investigating yet, but they said we could come by soon! I'm excited for that! The rest of the ward is doing great missionary work too. It's so fun! 

I gotta share an experience from yesterday! Our car is in the shop and we have been biking and walking the past week, so yesterday we got dropped off in a northern part of our area and were walking around to contact people. And we were planning on just walking a few miles to another section, but we WAY underestimated how far it was and how long it would take. It was like a 5 mile walk and it was 8 at night! haha! We had a member that was gonna drive us home that night anyway, but we still had time before then! I don't know what we were thinking though so we just kept walking. And then about a mile in, a member pulled off the side of the road from another branch near us, and he said, "Elders! Get in the truck!" So we listened to him and he drove us where we needed to go! God literally rescued us. That's something I've learned, that when we do our absolute best, we'll still make mistakes, but God will rescue us when we need  rescuing. 
Other than that, things are going great! For some reason we haven't found any new investigators in a few weeks, but we're still moving forward! We've got a few that we think should come through pretty soon that we're excited about. Plus, the ward is just on fire and that's what I love to see! In time the Lighfoot ward is going to explode with success! 

This sweet little girl loves Elder Collier and wrote him a sweet love letter!
I'm happy that things are going well for y'all! I hope the baby comes soon! Maybe it's waiting for me... haha! That'd be a long time though! I was wondering, cause I haven't asked yet, what would I be doing for my job? I'm super excited and thankful for it! 

My ponderizing scripture this week is Alma 26:16 "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." As I've been reflecting on my mission a little bit, and I read this scripture and that is definitely how I feel about my mission. It's great! 

ANyways, I love you so much mom! thank you for everything that you do for me. I promise I will work hard for these past two weeks. That's what I've done my whole mission, and it's not gonna stop now! 

Have a  great week Mom! I love you! I'll see you soon. 

Elder Collier (Jonny, Not Sammy)

No comments:

Post a Comment