Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, September 4, 2017

The Church Is True!!

Hey Mom!

That is so exciting that Harrison and Jenni had their baby! I'm excited to meet them. And for sure I will go with y'all to BYU Homecoming! That'll be a blast to go see them. 

Things are just going fantastic over here in the Lightfoot ward. This ward is just on fire! It's been so cool to see the flames of missionary work just keep getting bigger and bigger as this ward has been forming. The members are just doing so well! This week, we were able to teach a family of some member's friends and they are great! They came to church last week, and I honestly think they are looking into this for real. They haven't had any problems with what we have taught so far so they are just solid. The fruits of working with the members are starting to come forth! It has been so cool. They're the ones we ended up painting the deck for last week! 

I did end up bearing my testimony yesterday. I was actually asked by the bishopric to make sure and go up there... haha! It was kinda really cool to be able to do that. I'm going to miss all the people in this area so much. It's weird knowing that this is the Last week. Plus we have stake conference this sunday, so that was the last chance I'll be able to speak in the Lightfoot ward! Side note: I do get to sing in Stake Conference next sunday though so that'll be really cool! It's going to be a few missionaries and we're doing the EFY medley, but with the Time is Far Spent instead of As sisters in Zion like how Zach had us do it that one time! I'm so excited. And that'll be really fun to sing with Zach in a few weeks! 

I can't think of very much else that is happening. I'm a little nervous to come home, and really sad to leave. But I'm also kind of excited to come home too... Is that bad? haha! I probably should think about getting things packed... 

My ponderizing scripture this week is a fantastic scripture. Moroni 10:4-5. "4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things." I know for certain that this scripture is truth from God. I have seen this work time and time again for myself on my mission and for others. If we read from the Book of Mormon, with Real Intent, and pray and ask, He WILL let us know that it comes directly from Him. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God without a doubt in my mind. I read it every day, and I feel like every time I read it, the Spirit just almost turns on like flipping  a switch. It is miraculous! 

I can't think of much else that is happening, I guess I could just tell y'all pretty soon actually! But Mom I love you so much. I'm so thankful for your support and love and encouragement every week. I promise that this week is going to be no different for how hard I'm going to work than any other time on my mission. If anything, I'm just going to work harder! It's the home stretch, gotta give all you've got right? 

Anyway, I love you Mom! I can honestly say, I'll see you soon! I hope you have a great week. 

Love you! the church is true. 

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment