Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, August 7, 2017

In a Trio!

Hey Mom!

Yep 5 weeks left... it just still doesn't feel real though. I'm definitely excited to see y'all! It just doesn't seem like it's actually happening! We have started Elder Gardner's last week so it's really weird... Especially because we were in the MTC together! But we're now in a trio! Elder Oldroyd is with us, and we'll all be together until next Monday, and then it'll just be me and Elder Oldroyd! It's been SO fun this past week. We just have a blast, all three of us! Elder Oldroyd hasn't been a Zone leader before either so we get to show him the ropes a little, but he's great. He's going to do so well here! 


I got to use a machete to do some service. I cut down a small tree. It was fun!
And here's downtown Toano! It's a little town we cover. Yep, that's everything. 
I got to see Elder Ciminski at transfers! Probably the last time I'll see  him before I go home since he's in NC

Elder Gardner and Elder Oldroyd while we were out proselyting.
Had to go get some Cookout one night. It's a great place to eat.

I can't believe it's been that hot out there! It does that every once in a while I guess! It's been super hot here too so don't worry about me... haha! 

Sammy I bet is having a blast in those new MTC buildings! Elder Gardner and I watched the virtual tour last monday... it looks beautiful! I'm definitely jealous because they get to see the sun a whole lot more than we did when I was there haha! 

This week was great. It just seemed to fly by in the trio! Elder Oldroyd seems to fit in great. We're still working out the kinks of teaching with three of us, but it's going better. But by the time we get it figured out elder Gardner will go home so.... ah well haha! Things just seem to be going well though! 

We found a new investigator family that is really SOLID. I'm so excited for them! The dad's brother got baptized in Georgia 2 years ago, and we just stumbled across them! They just seem so prepared by the Lord. When we taught about dispensations and the Restoration she just said, "Wow. THat makes so much sense!" It was such a good lesson, and they were so excited to have us back over tonight. Plus they've been reading the Book of Mormon since we saw them last. So things are going well there! 

Wednesday was a pretty crazy day! We went down to Portsmouth to Get Elder Oldroyd and bring him back, but the Assistants couldn't help a lady move cause of transfers so we went to help someone in Portsmouth to move and it was crazy! There wasn't a ton of stuff, it was just super disorganized and stuff was everywhere... haha! but once we got it figured out and packed into boxes it was good. Theyy were very appreciative so we were glad to help. 

But yeah things are going very well here it seems! The work is great and we just keep pressing forward like normal. My ponderizing scripture is Jacob 5:71 "And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come."  When I read this the other day, the part about the end being nigh at hand hit me super hard of course coming to the end of my mission. But I know that if I labor with my might, I'll have joy with Him who sent me here. I'm know for certain that this is the Lord's work that we are a part of! i'm so thankful to be here. 

Thanks so much mom! And I just can't believe that so much is happening right now! Super exciting for sure! I'm always so glad to hear that y'all are doing well. I love you so much! 

Have a great week Mom! I'll talk to you later! 

Love you,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment