Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, August 21, 2017

There's an Eclipse!

Hey Mom!!

Yeah it's super weird... how fast time is going. I'll see y'all pretty soon! I got my flight itinerary in the mail the other day. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but my plane is supposed to land in Portland at 3 pm on September 12th. I've got a 5 hour flight straight from Atlanta to Portland! That'll be fun. I'm glad you got those pictures! And we did see the eclipse today, one of the elders had the special glasses. We were about 85% in the zone. It was pretty cool!

That's weird that my talk is scheduled and everything... Ah well. I think that'll be fun if we could go to the beach together! And tell Brother Morgan thank you so much for helping me get a job! I'll be looking forward to that as well. Those would be sweet hours. What would I be doing? 

Things are still going well here! We didn't find any new investigators this week, and actually didnt' really teach a lot either, but it was a good week. For some reason the teaching seemed to slow down, but that's not gonna stop the Lord's work, so I'm not going to either. It was still good! We're also losing our car for most of this upcoming week cause it needs to get repaired in the shop, so that'll be fun! Back on the bike! 

Oh! I got a lot of pictures yesterday from your cousin Blair Christofferson of Grandpa when he was younger! It was really cool to see those. He gave me a folder so I'll be coming home with some!





We taught one of our investigators Travis this week! we lost contact with him for a little bit but he let us come back! He's muslim, but he's not currently practicing so he's been open to learning from us. Last night we kinda just laid everything on the table and told him that if he would just commit to reading the Book of Mormon, praying about it, and coming to church with a sincere heart to know if this is true, that he'd get his answer. It was pretty powerful. 

My ponderizing scripture this week is 3 Nephi 17:20-22 "And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.

21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.

22 And when he had done this he wept again;" I chose this one because our Elder's quorum president share this in Elder's quorum yesterday as his favorite verse of scripture, and when I read it it just hit me. The Savior just loves us each so much. The Savior literally couldn't hold back His emotions with the Nephites, just like He couldn't with Lazarus. And it would be the same with each one of us. I know He lives, and through Him we can live with our Father in Heaven! 

I do know for sure that you and Dad have testimonies Mom! Y'all are seriously one of the biggest reasons that I even have a testimony! So thank you for your examples. 

I love you mom! thank you for everything. Have a great week!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment