Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, May 1, 2017

Miracle May

Hey Mom!!

Oh my gosh that is so exciting that Sammy got his call. I have been hoping this whole week that he would be assigned here, but that's alright! The Ohio Columbus Mission is about to get one of the best missionaries. I'm seriously so excited to see the great work that Sammy will do. He's going to do such a great job. It's definitely going to be super weird with us both out at the same time! It'll be fun to hear from him as he's going through the MTC and getting out into the field. 

So I don't have a lot of time to write because we went to Cape Lookout as a zone for P-day today and we're running a little bit behind so that's my bad! But I just want to say if there's anything I've learned this week it's that missionary work runs on Miracles. That's how this work progresses. I have learned for sure that this is the work of the Lord and miracles and tender mercies are everywhere. This month our mission is doing this thing where we are recording our miracles and sending them into the mission so that we can hear about everyone's stories and cool experiences. I'm so excited and I just know that miracles are going to happen because God is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever, so miracles will still abound today according to our faith and all diligence! 

Here's a quick example, yesterday Elder Shill and I decided to fast for miracles to come this month and for us to notice them, and then we just go to church as normal, and a non member just came to church on his own because he had some Mormon friends in Alaska that he talked to and he was interested! It was SWEET. He came to all three hours and he even knew one of the members already. Just because of that I know for sure that miracles are going to happen this month. 

I know it will because of my ponderizing scripture for this week, Mormon 9:21-22 "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth. For behold, thus said Jesus Christ, the Son of God, unto his disciples who should tarry, yea, and also to all his disciples, in the hearing of the multitude: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature;" (emphasis added) Missionary work is a miracle. And I get to be apart of it every day! And I am so excited for Sammy to experience it as well. I know for certain that this is the true restored church of Jesus Christ on the Earth today. 

I love you so much Mom! I'm again sorry that I couldn't write a lot. But I do love you and I hope you have a great week this week! 

Elder Collier













No comments:

Post a Comment