Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, May 29, 2017

Brother Heinz

Hey Mom!

So this week was another good week. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. Probably one of the hardest weeks that I've had in a while, but it was oh so rewarding. It's funny how those two seem to tie together all the time. Hard work pays off, but I've learned that you have to trust in the Lord's timing for when that pay off will be. And what it will be! Sometimes, we have to keep persevering through tough things, but eventually, in the end, all things will be made up through Christ. He truly is the Light that we can look to! 

It sounds like you had a nice relaxing week! Sometimes we definitely need that. 

So this week, we have seen some miracles. Big and small! Heavenly Father is always in our lives! Last week I talked about how we taught a former Pastor/Reverend and the lesson went well. Well we've now taught him two more times, and he is loving everything. He's praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true and he's reading it. He was going to come to church, but wasn't able to because he wants to come with his wife as well, so it'll be next week that they both come! Super exciting. But tonight, we are going to have a lesson at our Bishop's house with him! It's going to be so good. He's actually open and looking for truth! I don't know what's made him this prepared, but we will find out! His name is Harold, but we call him Brother Heinz. I've never naturally started calling one of our investigators Brother or Sister, but for some reason it worked really well with him haha! he's super cool. 

I've definitely learned a lot this week! It's been a fun week. I think I came to this area with the wrong mindset. I thought I would just come here to use everything that I've learned throughout my mission and just see success. But I've quickly learned that's not why! I definitely still have a lot to learn so it's been a good experience figuring that out. I just love being out here!

We had zone conferences this week and that was fun! Recently Zone leaders and sister training leaders were just made the people who organize and teach at zone conferences. So that was a different experience than I'm used to! It was different not being able to just go and learn, but I was the teacher. It was cool though. I learned throughout the preparation of the trainings. 

I can't think of anything really like super important that happened this week. It's just been a good tough week. 

My ponderizing scripture this week is Words of Mormon 1:7 "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." I hope in my life I can be like Mormon who wrote this and confidently say that I was a tool in the Lord's hands. He knows why things happen in our lives, and I just want to do what He wants me to do! I know that this is the work of the Lord. I can confidently say I feel the Spirit guide me every single day, and I love it! This is all true! 

I love you so much Mom! Thank you for everything that you do! I hope you have a fantastic week this week. And that is super cool that you finished the Book of Mormon again! 

Love you so much Mom.

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment