Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Hey Mom!

I'm doing great! Man, Sammy was ordained an Elder. That is so cool. It's times like this that remind you that religion is reality. It's really easy to get distracted with things in this world, but Sammy just got made an Elder, and that's a pretty big thing! It makes you realize how important the Gospel of Jesus Christ really is. I didn't know it myself I don't think until on my mission. But now I just love being able to tell others about it, because it is real! And i know that it is true. Please tell me when he gets his call! I'm seriously so excited to know where he is getting assigned to labor. 

I had no idea that Jill was leaving on a mission! that's pretty cool! And That's crazy that Taylor Bradford came home because she left like a week after I did... So weird! Sammy is seriously going to be such a good missionary. If I could do it this long, he's going to have no problem at all.

I'm glad that Choir tour ended up being super fun! That was always one of the highlights of the year for me. That's so weird that no Colliers will be on those tours anymore though! 

When Quentin L. Cook came to our mission we all got to shake hands with him which was super cool! We only had two hours with him cause he had a busy day, but it was super cool. 

This week was a pretty good week! We found 3 new investigators that we are pretty excited about! That was definitely the highlight. Most of the people we have found have been through tracting which is something we're trying to fix... (every time we get a referral from the ward it goes to the other Elders... its' been kinda funny haha!) but those investigators we found are pretty solid! One of them are a Mother and her daughter, and the mother actually grew up in a Part-member family! It was pretty cool that we found her! All her Mom's family are members of the church, and she knew exactly who we were when she opened the door! It took a few weeks to have lesson, but we had one and it was a GREAT lesson. She felt the Spirit for sure. It was heartbreaking when she couldn't make it to church though! It's alright. She'll get there. I'm just happy that the work is starting to pick up more, because now we can have the ward come with us to lessons! I love serving here in New Bern. 

I can't think of much else going on! We haven't been able to have a lesson with that family we taught in a while... They've been super busy. But we're trying! And our investigator that came to Stake conference was super busy all this week too. But at least we have investigators! haha! I'm so glad that work is paying off. I mean, it was already, but I'm really starting to see the work here progress a ton. 

My ponderizing scripture this week is Alma 29:1. "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a  voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" I put myself into this verse every time I read it. I feel just as Alma did! I want to just share this message with everyone I can because I KNOW for sure that Jesus Christ lives and that the Book of Mormon is true. And that means that This church is true. Everything about it. This really is the work of the Lord. 

Thank you so much Mom! You sound like you are doing great as always. I hope you have a great week this week. I love you so much! 

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment