Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, May 8, 2017

Lightfoot Here I Come!

Hey Mom!

So this week was a pretty good week! I did get a transfer call this past Saturday... I'm going to the Lightfoot Ward up in the Newport News Virginia stake! The ward was created about a month and a half ago so it's pretty new! I'm still going to be a Zone Leader, and my new companion is Elder Gardner. I was in the MTC with him so I'm super excited to serve with him! He's only been their for a transfer and that's how long the ward has been in existence so this'll be super different! The ward is just north of Williamsburg, Virginia. I'm definitely going to be sad to leave New Bern though! Even though it was a harder area to serve in, I really have come to love it. It's hard leaving any area. I'm going to my 6th area though so that's super crazy too! 

This week was super fun though! It's sad because I'm really starting to see the work pick up here in New Bern and I'm going to leave it, but that's alright. We found a couple new investigators this week! One was a former investigator that the missionaries just stopped coming by to see and he didn't know why! We called him the other day and he had a ton of questions about what he was reading in the Book of Mormon so we're really excited to help him answer those tonight. It's so fun to see people really enjoy what they are getting out of the Book of Mormon!

I also went on exchanges with the Elders on Harker's Island so that was pretty fun! Harker's Island is a different place... haha! It's literally like going back in time. And they have their own dialect there as well. But the church is super strong there, which is also kinda bizarre haha! You can probably look up more of the history if you want to! It was pretty fun. 

Miracle May has still been super fun. We are totally seeing miracles here! Yesterday, we had to drive super far (about 35 minutes) to a lesson with someone who ordered a bible online! While we were there the lesson actually went pretty well! But we didn't want to drive all the way out there for just one lesson, so we decided to just stop by some of the members who we didn't know that lived out there, and the first man let us right in! He hadn't been to church in over 10 years, but the lesson we had with him went super well. It was just a miracle that we caught him there and how strong the Spirit was in that lesson! 

Oh and yesterday we had an Area Broadcast for the North America Northeast area for church! It was super cool, Dallin H. Oaks spoke at it. I found out that Sammy's Mission I'm pretty sure is in the same area has mine! So that's pretty sweet!

I think that's about it for this week. Things are going super well here still. I love New Bern and I'm definitely going to miss it. For Mother's Day, I just called the Elders up there now, and they said that we're going to be calling at 7 eastern time, so at about 4 pm your time! Hopefully that works! I'm super excited for it!!! I can't wait. Also my new address is 1015 Glenburnie Rd Williamsburg, VA 23188. 

I'm super excited for this new week though! It's going to be a lot of fun. My ponderizing scripture is D&C 18:13 "And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!"  I love this one because it's short and simple. Repentance is such a blessing and I am grateful that we have the blessing up being able to repent! It really is a great thing, and I get to help people really feel the joy of repentance every day. I love it!

It was really great to hear from you this week Mom! That really is a cool experience to have Elder Anderson at the Stake conference. I can't wait to talk with you this week! I hope you have a great week. I love you so much!! 

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment