Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy's Mother Day!!

Hey Mom!

It was great to talk to all of you! Sorry that the connection was bad for part of the time. But it was really good to see you! There were just so many people I didn't know what to do... haha! But I was really glad to be able to hear from y'all. I hope Sammy will be able to be as prepared as possible before he leaves. Hopefully my advice helped a little. He's probably going to have a completely different mission experience than what I had anyway though. 

So I don't have a lot new to say since I talked to y'all yesterday! I'm excited for the ward here and things are really going great. Oh my new address that I sent you last week is actually wrong... haha! The real address is 1015 Norwyk Ln, Williamsburg, VA 23188! 

I have thought about that promise from President Randall a lot throughout my mission. There have honestly been a lot of different experiences that I've had where I felt like it was supposed to be me personally in that situation to help someone or do something. That has been true in my proselyting areas and in my leadership positions. I'll go in more detail when I get home, but there have definitely been a lot of experiences! 

Something cool that happened on Mother's Day, we found a new investigator! That was pretty sweet. He had talked to missionaries before I got there, but had never been taught, and we stopped by and he let us right in! We were able to address some of his concerns about the Resurrection, and how to be prepared to meet God! The Plan of Salvation is seriously golden. It was a cool spirit filled lesson, and he wanted us to come back so bad that he kept trying to find a time that would work even when we were busy with the first two times that he offered. It was a sweet lesson! 

My ponderizing scripture this week is 1 Nephi 10:22 "And the Holy Ghost giveth authority that I should speak these things, and deny them not." I definitely know that this is true because everything that we share has to be confirmed by the Holy Ghost in order for the person to know that it is true for themselves. But first, I had to come to know that it was true as well! And Because I have been given that witness, and i can testify with more power added to the authority I have been given to do so! It's pretty cool. This church is completely 100% true! 

It was seriously so good to see you! I hope you had the best day ever. I love you so much! have a great week! 

I love you.

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment