Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, June 5, 2017

Hey Mom!

This week was another good week! Things are going well here as normal. I need to take more pictures... I haven't really thought about it since I've been here so I'll try and be better about that... haha! But things are really going great. 

I can't believe that Sammy is graduating though! I got his graduation announcement in the mail this week and it was so weird to see... haha! I think it finally hit me that we'll miss each other when I get home. But it'll be worth it for sure. Those last few weeks of high school were a blast for me so I hope he enjoys them! 

Hopefully you can talk to Blair soon! We took him out with us this week and it was pretty fun. 

So. Update on Brother Heinz... We go there to pick him up with our Bishop to go have a lesson in our Bishop's home, and then his wife opens the door. She immediately hands us the Book of Mormon we gave  him and said, "he's sick, don't come back or call. he's no longer interested." And we were shocked. Our Bishop spoke up (he's a stud) and said, "Well we'd like to hear it from him, is he here?" And she said that he didn't want to come out. After a few tries of trying to talk with him, she wouldn't budge. We ended up leaving, and I was just heartbroken haha. It was so sad! But it's okay. We'll just try back again when her car isn't there. He's so prepared! She just wasn't interested. 

But! things are still going great here! Elder Gardner and I really feel that we can see 3 baptisms happen before he goes home in August... Or at least before I go home. So we're doing everything we can possibly think of to help that goal come to pass. We have an investigator that we teach twice a week, and she finally committed to come to church this upcoming Sunday! We'll see her twice before then, so it'll be good. We've taken a ton of people to her lessons in the past so the ward should just swarm her with love haha! 

We've also found a couple that we've taught twice now that seems really interested! Both lessons we've had with them have been great. We taught about the Restoration last night, and the member just clicked with both of them! We're going to bring him and his wife to the next lesson. But during the lesson, they just loved it. They are excited to come to church this sunday too. So things are going well here! We've got a few solid investigators, and we're still just trying to find as many as we can.  We met a woman named Dishonder! But she's as cool as her name sounds. She had a lot of questions when we started the lesson, and she felt like they were all answered adequately afterwards! She's excited to learn more about the Book of Mormon. It was a good lesson. 

Apparently I've been assigned to sing this next Sunday. I can thank your cousin for that one Mom haha! It'll be fun to sing though! I love doing it. 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Alma 11:43 "The Spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, even as we now are at this time; and we shall be brought to stand before God," I love being able to study the scriptures so much because I gain a strengthened testimony every single time. This really just put life into perspective again this week while I was studying about the Plan of Salvation, and let me know that really, everything we go through can be made easier because of the Knowledge of the Bigger picture. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and because of that I believe in that what it teaches about the Plan of Salvation is true as well. I love it so much! 

Anyway Mom, thank you so much again for everything. I love you and it sounds like this week will be busy, so good luck! Things are still going great for me. 

Love you so much!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment