Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, April 17, 2017

We Had An Apostle Come to Our Mission!

Hey Mom!

This week was super good! The weather has been great. A little hot because of the humidity and being on bikes but it's been totally worth it. It doesn't surprise me that we're getting thunderstorms though! They come and go a lot. I'm sorry it's been raining! Sometimes I enjoy when it starts raining I really enjoy it because it reminds me of home haha! But it's so much easier to proselyte in the sun because people are just outside. 

I hope things get easier with what's going on with Grandma. I'm sorry that that is happening. I still am praying every night for her.

This week was super fun though because we had a Mission Conference on Saturday! It was the first time since I've been on my mission that the entire mission gathered in one location for a meeting. We had it because Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the 12 came to speak to us! It was honestly such a humbling experience. I can say I know for certain now that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. He and his wife both addressed us and they just answered so many questions that I had that I came to the meeting with. Then afterward it was just super cool because we were able to have lunch with the entire mission and I was able to see a ton of my old companions and other missionary friends that I've made. It was just such a sweet experience. We all met up in Virginia Beach. It was so fun! And it was even more special because it was Easter Weekend. 





Then the next day we had Stake Conference and the whole stake met here in New Bern at a large convention center. A member of the Seventy came and presided at that meeting and that was super cool as well. It was a pretty good meeting. But super cool, WE HAD AN INVESTIGATOR AT STAKE CONFERENCE. It has been so long since we've had an investigator at church, and Ashley came! It was super cool to help her get there. She really liked it! she had a few questions, but we're going to help her for sure. We think she really wants to be apart of a church. 

I can't think of anything else really out of the ordinary that happened this week. I've just been so tired the past few days... That's just something I've gotten used to. We're still just out and about trying to find new investigators. 

My ponderizing scripture this week is Luke 24:46-47 and it's something I learned from Elder Cook, "And said unto them, thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Of all the things that the risen Savior could have taught the disciples after His Resurrection, in each Gospel, and in the beginning of the book of Acts, He tells them to go forth and preach the gospel. So Missionary work was something that is super important to the Savior. And I get the chance every day to testify of Him! That He broke the bands of death, and is the keeper of the Gate of sin. The reality of this calling becomes more and more real every day I'm here. I love it!

I'm so excited for Sammy to get his call!! That is going to be awesome to find out where he's going. My official guess is my mission! It's going to happen! 

But anyway things are going really great out here. I love it so much. Thank you for all that you do! I hope you have a great time in Seattle this week on tour! 

I love you so much mom. Have a great week this week!

Love you,

Elder Collier






No comments:

Post a Comment