Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, April 17, 2017

Another Week Down!

Hey Mom!

My week was pretty good this week! It was a little slower because we had to go to Portsmouth one day, and then plan and run our Zone Meeting a few days later, but it ended up being really great. I love getting the chance to uplift and serve the missionaries in the Zone. It's the best feeling in the world to see them just taking notes because they are really listening to what the Spirit is telling them. 

I have had so many answers to prayers this week it has been so cool. When you sincerely ask God, and you really study it out in your mind and do your part, your prayer is answered. And sometimes, it's not and that just means He trusts us to make the decision! But I've decided to make a conscious decision to follow Elder Rasband's counsel and to act on the first prompting that you get. But it's really cool because sometimes the thoughts and feelings that you get do not feel like promptings, but then when you act on it (a lot of times in faith) you can see the immediate fruit from it! Like the other day, we were biking down the street, and a dog started to follow us, and after two intersections in the neighborhood I thought it would be a good idea to turn around a lead it back to where it came from! So we turned around, and the owner called it back, and we talked to him and found out that he works for a member of the church and he talks to him all the time about the church!! It was pretty crazy. The man wasn't interested in meeting with us, but we just told him to talk to us boss and tell him that he met us. And even though I was sad that he wasn't interested, I knew that I acted on a prompting! So act on promptings, even the little ones!

We started to teach a family this week!!! That was another answer to prayer. We are excited about them. They are a young couple and have 4 kids under 8. we had a pretty good lesson with them last time, and we hope to continue to help them. It was just so cool to see the Spirit work on them in that lesson. And we have found a few other potential family's as well. Slowly but surely the work is going to progress in this area. But we really think that this is in part to praying with Real intent, and saving our miles by biking in different parts of our area!

I feel like that's about it for this week... There wasn't a lot that I can remember off the top of my head. But it sounds like y'all had a fun Spring Break and I'm happy for ya! I'm glad that it was a fun trip. 

My ponderizing scripture is Mosiah 16:9 getting ready for Easter this upcoming Sunday, "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." I talked about the Prince of Peace video last week, but this is what I know to be true! Jesus Christ is the light and life of the world, and He was resurrected so that there will be no more death. We will all live again after this life. 

Thank you so much for all that you do Mom! I really do love you and appreciate all that you do for me. And I absolutely love being here. 

I hope you have a great week this week, and hopefully I will write more this next week as well! I love you! 

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment