Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter!!

Hey Mom!




Easter was really great! And thank you so much for the Easter box as well! It came like right at the right time. We were having a tough couple of days and Elder Sorensen and I both got packages so it was great.  For Easter dinner we actually didn't have any resurrection potatoes! I know I couldn't believe it! The family we were with had like a ton of family in town because one of their kids got baptized, and we had Lamb Burgers. They were pretty good, but just not the traditional Easter dinner! Also one of them said that they knew a Jonathan Collier in Northern Virginia, is that my cousin Jonathan? I hope your dinner was great!

Wow all four of them came up from Utah? That sounds like it was a lot of fun! Hopefully y'all had a good time! 

I'm glad Grandma is able to do rehab now.. I've been praying for her so much. I hope she gets better soon! Grandpa is still driving? haha! That man never quits! I'm glad they can still see each other every day. 

Chamber auditions are always tough... but that sounds like a great group of people! I can't wait to see all those freshman guys when I get back! They'll all be seniors! It'll be weird. Hopefully they aren't causing too much trouble haha! I'm not there to keep them in line. It sounds like they're all starting to really mature though which is great to hear. 

So back to the tough couple of days... it was a long week this week! It felt like our investigators just started dropping like flies. We were teaching three families, a couple, and 4 individuals, and then this past week we only met with our investigator Matt (who is solid) and then one of our new investigators, Brooke! And we were dropped by: that one family who came to church, another family that we found, and an older couple that we were teaching. And then another one of our investigators we found out is in the hospital, but for a while we just thought he disappeared! It's been a crazy week, and we haven't really been able to get in touch with anyone. So hopefully that will change this next week! We did see some more less active members than we have been though so that was great. 

Through it all we just kept pushing forward. On Thursday we got dropped by that family, and that was just devastating. But we won't give up on them! I know that we can do all things that we are asked. The great thing is that this ward is just so awesome. We try to work as hard as we can, and I think that the ward notices so they love us! And I love this ward too. They work so hard! We haven't gotten many referrals recently, but a few are in the midst. I'm excited! 

I don't have a lot of time today because we have some plans for P-day. We're gonna go play volley ball! But I love you so much mom! My ponderizing scripture is Philipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." This one is pretty self explanatory, but I am so thankful for Jesus Christ! I know that through Him, all things are possible. He rose from the dead, and because of that, we can overcome death. He suffered in the garden of Gethsemane, and because of that, we can overcome Sin. If we put our faith in Him, all things will be made right. It's all possible! This is the true church of Jesus Christ. 

Thank you so much for your love and support. I will talk with you next week! 

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment