Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Room for Improvement

Hey Mom! 

Solo and Ensemble is probably the most stressful time of the year. I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda happy that I didn't have to deal with it! But that sounds like it was a crazy day! The competition is definitely rising in that region. It used to be a piece of cake to get to State. (It used to be a piece of cake to win state). I think the hardest part of that competition is the regional one! But I'm so happy for all the groups! There's definitely still a chance for y'all to get a call up! I can't believe there were actually disqualifications and everything! I've never seen that! Crazy.

That choral festival you guys will have will turn out great! I'm really excited for y'all! 

Sister Moon (our ward mission leader's wife) walked up after I sang and said that she had "accidentally" pressed record while I was singing haha! She's the same one that texted you and asked for your special waffle recipe. She told me that it was your special recipe and I said, "Bisquick?" haha! That made me pretty happy. I got a lot of compliments on Sunday after the meeting, and a lot of members of the ward were telling me that they needed to hear that song because they were having a tough week. I felt so loved by everyone! I'm just so thankful that I have this talent that I can share with others. And we had 6 investigators there, so I think that they liked it too!

This week has been pretty great. We have been able to teach a lot of lessons recently. I'm not even sure where they all come from sometimes! I just look at the totals at the end of the week, and they seem to be increasing. We still don't have any investigators with a baptismal date, but that should change soon. At least we are keeping busy with how much we are teaching! We can always be busier though. 




I was having a tough time earlier this week. My companion and I are very similar. When we both have an idea for something, and they are different from each other, we have a hard time deciding which one is right. My stubbornness is becoming a problem! haha! We can both be pretty stubborn sometimes, and during those times we tend to not get along. But other times it's like we are best friends! It's super weird. But earlier this week, I was just struggling because I couldn't tell if I was feeling the Spirit or not. I don't know what had gotten into me, I just kinda felt alone. But I prayed, and I worked through it. Sometimes I feel like we go through trials of faith, just to see if we won't give up. For me, the best answer was just to keep working and have faith that what I'm doing is right. As I pressed forward through that day. From 10 to about 5, I still didn't think I had gotten an answer. But we had a lesson at 5 with one of our investigators, and I know that me teaching in that lesson was my answer that I am doing the right thing. I could feel the Spirit so strong, and I KNEW that I am supposed to help him! I just love being a missionary. 

I've been trying to be more diligent and work hard at all times. It's definitely a process, but that's what this Gospel is all about! We can ALWAYS try to get better! No matter what we are going through, no matter what we have done, we can ALWAYS be a better person. Even if we have done that right things for most of our lives! There is always some room for improvement. Which brings me to my scripture that I will ponderize this week, Alma 48:17 "Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."  That's where I want to get to! I want to be a man like Captain Moroni. And I know that through the help of our Savior Jesus Christ, we can always improve!

And Mom, I know that you are definitely helping with the Salvation of souls through your work at the school. I personally don't think I'd be here today without the constant support I had from you! And I know that there are so many other members of the church that you help every single day! You are an amazing example, and I love you so much. 

Thank you for everything! I love you so much. I hope you have a great week this week!

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment