Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, March 28, 2016

Hallelujah!!!

Hey Mom!

You have just been put through everything at once it seems like! Right when work starts to pick up, something else crazy happens. I hope Grandma is recovering better! Tell her that I love her. I hope everything goes well. 

That's fun that Zach and Skyla are up there! And I'm so glad that Skyla is feeling better. And that is so funny that Lilo follows Dad around. I feel like all dogs love Dad! How big has Lilo gotten? She probably won't remember me at all! haha!

I can't believe Danielle leaves already! That is so crazy. She's going to do great! And Autumn's going to the Czech Republic? That's crazy! 

This week was pretty good. We had a Zone conference on Friday that was pretty fun to be at! The Spirit was so present at that meeting. It was something I definitely needed to feel. At the Zone Conference, I was asked to accompany a musical number, so I did! They sang Nearer, My God to Thee, and I kinda just made up an accompaniment so that was pretty fun! They did really well. Something I got out of Zone Conference was that I want to be better at talking with everyone I see. That is something that I really want to focus on this week! 

 After missionary meetings I always just feel super excited to be a missionary! That day we were on bikes because we gave the car back to the Sisters... and we had scheduled 3 appointments, miles apart from each other... back to back to back. And then dinner right after. I don't know what we were thinking! As we were sprinting on our bikes, I was praying the entire time that we would be on time! We were a little late to the first one about 2 miles away, but that was okay because they wanted to reschedule anyway, and we got their phone number so that is a plus! Then we had to sprint back about 3 miles to get to a less active couple's house! We had a short 15 minute lesson with them, then went down the street to one of our investigator's house, and had a short 15 minute lesson on the Plan of Salvation. We got a return appointment out of both of those too! Then we had to sprint back to our apartment about 1 mile so that we could get to dinner! I had dropped the phone and we had to pick it up and put it back together, but once we got to dinner, I felt so accomplished! We had 2 lessons within 45 minutes, and had biked 6 miles in about an hour. It was a crazy day! Miracles do happen! 

So our investigator, Okey, the one from Nigeria is leaving this week! I'm gonna be so sad to see him go! But we sent his information to the mission in Nigeria, and we are going to give him the address to the church building nearest him. We may also start teaching a woman from Japan! We don't know if she understands a word we are saying, but we gave her a Japanese Book of Mormon, and Restoration pamphlet! Her 8 year old son has been translating for us... so we'll see how that goes on Thursday! 

We also stumbled across an Unbaptized Youth the other week, and we started teaching her today! We were just biking along and we felt like we should go stop by someone we had taught before, and as we were biking this girl stopped us and asked us if we were Mormons! We said, "Yeah!" and she told us that her dad was in our ward, and she lives with her Mom right now. Her Mom doesn't want anything to do with us, but Brooke, the daughter, was super excited to see us! She got permission to meet with us so we have started teaching her, and she has a friend who is a youth in the ward, so it is perfect!

And on Sunday we went into a CTR 7 class and encouraged them to be member missionaries! That was pretty fun. I love helping the little kids be excited about the Gospel! 

Those are some things that happened this week! I love being out here. 

The church also put out an easter video and you should go watch it! It's called Hallelujah. It is seriously so inspiring! The website is followhim.mormon.org. I thought I would make my ponderizing scripture Easter related because of the upcoming holiday! "And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." (Mosiah 16:7-9) Because of Jesus Christ, we will ALL be resurrected! I love how plainly the scriptures teach us that. And you are exactly right, because of the Atonement and resurrection of Christ, we can have the confidence and comfort to know that all will be well in the end.  Hallelujah! 

I love this Gospel! I love everything about it, and I am so excited for Easter. It's a great time to remember Christ's atonement and resurrection. 

Thank you so much for everything you said Mom! You set such a great example for me! I love you. Everything will all work out. 

Hope you have a great week! I love you so much.

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment