Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Mission Tour and Happy Halloween!

Hey Mom!!! 

So first off, I'm really sorry that I forgot to tell you this! We had a mission tour yesterday, where Elder Randall K Bennett and  his wife Sister Bennett came and visited us and gave us a training! So that was all day, so our P-day was moved to today. So that's why you didn't get an email yesterday! Sorry about that! 

I did get the package! The letter and the package actually came on the same day haha! Thank you for sending that music! I was hoping that we would be able to do the musical number for the mission tour yesterday, but the APs never got  back to us and there was no musical number... kind of a bummer. But hopefully I can do it some other time! That Christmas music is much appreciated though! I think I'm going to offer to sing in our ward soon, and also (if we do it the same as last year) then we'll have a Christmas mission conference with some musical numbers! Thank you so much for sending the package! 

Thank you also for sending what you shared in that 5th sunday lesson. That was really good and inspiring. The Book of Mormon changes lives! I know it does. Honestly if people just read it, it leads to them keeping almost every other commitment we leave with them. They just have to read the book! 

Not a lot happened this week that I can remember... We still have not reset Ashley's Baptismal date yet... She's been doing so good, but their car died so they weren't able to come to church which was really sad. But we should be seeing them tonight so we'll try and set it for next week. We want it to be as soon as possible! We met a really solid investigator that ordered a bible online! We had a very spirit filled lesson with her, and she recognized that it was there and it was just awesome. She is actually looking for something missing in her life, and we testified that this was it! it always is. We even set up another appointment for the next day with a member to bring, but she had to cancel, and she didn't come to church, so we are really looking to contact her again. 

The mission tour I think was the highlight of the week. It was just a super revelatory experience to go there. The spirit was in that meeting, and I wrote down a lot of things that I can start doing to implement and become better. The coolest thing I thought was instead of having a break to have lunch, (and Elder Bennett said that he doesn't do this with most mission conferences he goes to) He had us grab our food, and all the district leaders grabbed their districgts so we could meet with our districts in a room somewhere in the building. Then while we ate, we came up with specific goals of thing that we want to improve on, and counseled together, and came up with ways to hold each other accountable. It was so cool, and I felt so unified with my district during that time. We came up with 3 specific things that our district can do and I'm super excited. This is putting us on the path of becoming even more consecrated. 

Then last night for Halloween we couldn't proselyte, so we went over to the Zone leaders apartment and made some treats for our investigators and members of our ward so we can deliver them! It was a lot of fun, and it's going to be fun to deliver them. It might be hard on a bike though... haha! 

I'm super excited for this week too! We are going to have our interviews with President Weed on Thursday and I can't wait. I just love being out here and learning so much. And the best time I learn, is when I act on the things that I want to be better at. 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Alma 43:1: "And now it came to pass that the sons of Alma did go forth among the people, to declare the word unto them. And Alma, also, himself, could not rest, and he also went forth." I just love the part where it says Alma could not rest. This work, the work of the Lord, is so important that we just can't rest! We have to constantly do our best and give our all. And that's what I am sincerely hoping to do for the rest of my time here. 

I hope everything continues to go well for you mom! Good luck teaching! That's always a pretty hectic job for sure with all those kids. But you always do a great job! 

Thank you for everything mom! I love you so much! 

Love you,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment