Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Friday, November 18, 2016

Okay Week!

Hey Mom!!

I'm doing great! This week was an okay week, although I feel like I can't remember a lot of what happened... Filled with missionary work probably! 

The weather is starting to change... It's getting colder! I feel like my body has adjusted to the super hot summers, so it's like only in the 40's and I feel cold! But biking warms you up a bit! We just don't have any time to ever go back to our apartment throughout the day, so I have to hopefully grab everything I need for the day before I leave! Have I told you we live three miles outside of our area? So we basically leave for the morning and don't come back until the night every night! It just takes so long to bike that! 

We haven't been teaching as much the past two weeks... We just find a ton of investigators that we never see again! So that's been a little discouraging sometimes... But! We keep pressing forward. That's what this life is all about! We have gotten a lot better relationship with our ward leaders. There's still room for improvement... But it's a ton better I think! We just need to find some investigators to bring them out to lessons with us. 

I went on two exchanges this week so that was pretty fun! We did one from Tuesday night to when it was supposed to be Wednesday night, but the other companionship didn't get back till late, so we had to exchange back on Thursday morning! And then on Thursday we exchanged until Friday afternoon! I didn't proselyte with Elder Hargraves for two straight days! It was so great to get back with him to do missionary work. He's such a good missionary! I can't believe he's already about to move onto his second transfer! 





Miracles are definitely everywhere as a missionary! You see just a TON of little things throughout the day that are totally blessings from the Lord. I think I'll be a lot more aware of those in my regular life afterwards, but as a missionary it's so apparent. Something that Elder Hargraves and I do every night to be more grateful is point out 6 blessings that we saw through that day. It's a lot of fun! And then you write them in your planner to see them again when you look back so it's been sweet. 

Ashley passed her baptismal interview!!! So her baptism is going to be this Friday at 6 pm! I'm so excited for it! The whole family is really supportive, and I think the ward is going to have a lot of support too! We've got a ton of assignments given out to make sure people are there... haha! She's so excited to be baptized. 

Transfers just happened, and only one person is leaving my district! And she just finished her mission so we all knew she was leaving anyways. But it's going to be pretty fun with so many people staying! The district here that I get to serve is such a hard working district. I love them all so much. 

My ponderizing scripture is Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance;" It's always just good to remember that ANY time we feel these feelings, we know that the Holy Ghost is with us! We have such a powerful gift that He can be with us as we are faithful and obedient! Isn't that so cool? And it's all because we have the proper priesthood authority on the earth today. 

So Thanksgiving, I think we're going to an ex communicated member's home to eat with his family... It's kind of a weird situation... but I think it'll be fun! We've been told it's a regular proselyting day on Thanksgiving. I hope y'all have a great time! 

I love you so much Mom! Thank you for all that you do for me. I love being out here so much and I know y'all have done so much to help me get to where I am. So thank you!! 

Have a great week! Love you.

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment