Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Mom!!

I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving! It sounds like it'll be fun for y'all. I am so thankful for you Mom! You have done so much for me to help me get to this point in my life, and on my mission. I'm so thankful for all of you that have helped me. And I'm thankful for my testimony of the gospel that gets me through hard days. Tell everyone there how thankful I am for them, and that I love them!!

This Thanksgiving will be very interesting for me... We've had dinner over there before and it's always really awkward, but they keep inviting us back... and they won't let us teach anything! we don't know what to do. We've also been told it's a regular proselyting day, so that'll be fun! We'll definitely be looking for a lot of service activities. We scheduled an appointment though so that's nice to have!

Thank you for sending Uncle Mike's talk. That was so nice to read. He did a great job! Tell him he is awesome. 

 Ummmm... what happened this week.. To be honest it's all really starting to blur together. It's been super hard this past week, but opposition, always comes when good things are about to happen! 

Ashley was baptized!!! That was so cool to be apart of. I really love that family. She was ecstatic the whole night, and at church she really was happy to be confirmed. It was just all a good event. And now one of her older sisters said that she wants to start going to church more so we'll see where that goes! I know her dad will get baptized eventually, it'll just take time. But that's the good thing that happened this week.

Jonny and his district at the beach
Jonny at Ashley's Baptism



The opposition was that Elder Hargraves and I finally started to disagree a bit in our companionship. For about a day, it was super tough, but then we figured it out, and now we're teaching and following the spirit so much better. Elder Hargraves is the man. He's really helping me realize how to use my time effectively and really how to follow the Spirit again. Actually, just last night, it was FREEZING cold. We hadn't had dinner yet, but we were going to go back and eat when we got home, but it was about 7, and we had nothing else to do. Everything fell through, and we had been outside for a couple hours, I was about to just call it and go home to eat! But Elder Hargraves said we should stay out and I knew he was right, so we contacted one last person on our list. while that person wasn't home, the person who answered the door was super nice and we set up an appointment to go and teach her! It was super cool to see that blessing of just being diligent and pressing forward. 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is D&C 50:22 "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together." I have experienced this so much more during this past week. It's so true that when you really teach by the spirit, you are both edified after a lesson! It's amazing to see. The Holy Ghost testifies to us of truth! So what we're teaching must be true. I know it is. 

Thank you for all that you do Mom! I really appreciate everything that you do for me. Thank you for everything. I can't think of anything I need... maybe another sweater? I don't know... haha! I'll let you know if there is a desperate need for something! 

I love you Mom! Have a great week this week!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment