Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, October 24, 2016

Mini MTC

Hey Mom!!

This week was so good. It was tough at first, but we got through it and it ended up being awesome. I think the highlight this week was the Mini MTC activity that the stake put on on Saturday! It was SO much fun to participate in! For multiple reasons. So the activity was super cool. Basically it was a big youth conference, and they had the youth come and seperated them into zones and paired them up with companions and taught  them about missionary life! We came in during the middle part of it. All the missionaries in the area were given a group of youth, and we showed them how to make lesson plans, and then we had them plan a lesson, and then all the missionaries brought real investigators that we were teaching, and had the youth teach them! It was so cool to see! And then afterwards we evaluated and talked about it with them. So much fun! We brought Ashley Welker (the girl who is getting baptized soon) and she had so much fun! And the youth loved teaching her too so it was good. 

I think the thing I liked most about it though was that there were youth from Poquoson and Currituck (my last two areas) both there! It was so much fun to see them. I was so excited. And Sister Moon (the one who texted you) did get us Sonic haha! She is just the best. Man I love being a missionary and getting to know all the awesome members out here. I was so happy to see them. 

Other than that this week was sweet. There's wasn't a lot  of noteworthy things that happened this week. Elder Hargraves is just doing awesome. We've been teaching quite a bit and it's been fun! It's so much fun to learn from him. I love it. He's teaching me again the importance of getting the members involved. It's sweet. 

Ashley Welker is still doing fantastic! She had a part in the primary program yesterday and it was just awesome! She spoke about the restoration, and it was fantastic. She did such a good job, and she is so excited to be baptized! We have to reschedule her date, so it won't be this week anymore, but it should be in the next few weeks! I love that family. 

Nothing else really happened this week I don't think... It wasn't that much of an eventful week, just a really solid one. We are still meeting crazy people every day, but what else is new in Norfolk haha! It's so funny. 

It sounds like you had a great week this week! So much happened! And it sounds like it was all super fun. Thank you for sending me that music! It will definitley be used! 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is D&C 100:5 "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;" I know that when we speak by the Power of the Holy Ghost, we speak what God would want us to say. I have come to know this through personal experience! It has been so cool to witness this on my mission. 

That experience you had in Relief Society is awesome. I love the scriptures for that same exact reason too! It's so cool to see that happen daily! 

Thanks for being awesome Mom! I love you so much! I hope you have a fantastic week this week! 

Love you so much!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment