Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thanksgiving!

Hey Mom!!

This week was super good! Not very eventful, at least nothing really coming to mind right now, but I just know that it was good! 

I'm really sad to hear about Grandpa. I sent him an email. I love him so much, he's such a great man! Please tell him and Grandma that I love them both so much! The plan of Salvation is so real. Teaching it as a missionary really confirms to you that because of Jesus Christ, we will ALL live again. And we can be with our families forever because of the restoration! I promise to do all I can to move forward and to help others know about this so they don't have to mourn over similar situations. 

Thanksgiving was fun! We went to a member's home, and it was pretty fun! He just kinda wants us to come over and hang out, so we had to talk with him and tell him that we can't do that. We are hoping to continue to go over to help bring the spirit into their home, but we can't go over every week if they aren't going to make any progress, so we limited it to every other week. We'll see how that goes! We didn't do any contacting or tracting on Thanksgiving, but we did bike to a lot of the member's houses and dropped of thank you notes! I thought it was a pretty fun day! We talked to some people on the street. I was glad that it was a full proselyting day. IT's so boring to not proselyte! 

Elder Hargraves is doing great. He's working through some trials, but it's really bringing us closer as a companionship. We've had some good talks and I just love being his companion. He's so willing to go outside and work! 

I went on an exchange with an Elder that's going home soon! He goes home before the transfer is over because the transfer ends after Christmas, and he started his mission before Christmas in 2014, so they let him choose whether or not to spend another Christmas in the mission! But it was his last exchange so that was pretty cool. I'm not looking forward to that time to go home. Don't take this the wrong way Mom, As much as I love you, I want to stay out here haha! 

I recently read through Preach my Gospel and highlighted all the times it said help or helping or assist or something like that. It was super cool! I counted 421 times throughout the manual, but there could be more. It's just super cool to see how much of our purpose is helping people to receive the restored gospel. It's all about helping! 

My ponderizing scripture this week is in Helaman 5:30 "And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul--" WHen I read this this morning, it really stood out to me. when God answers our prayers, it isn't this big sign that let's us know He's there, at least not all the time. Most of the time, it'll be something we have to work toward to notice. We have to be looking for it. But I do know that He answers our prayers. 

Anyway I love you mom!! You are the best. I honestly don't know how you do everything, teaching, work, being sick, taking care of grandpa, and being the best mom ever. You can just do it all! I really appreciate all that you do. I love you so much. Have a great week! 

Love you

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment