Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, October 3, 2016

General Conference and Transfers!

Hey Mom!! 

General Conference was as inspiring as ever this time! I love that we have the chance to hear from the General Authorities of the church every 6 months! Every question I bring gets answered! It's amazing! Heavenly Father truly is mindful of us all the time. I love it! I really loved President Uchtdorf's talk to open conference, and I loved Elder Rasband's. They were both so good! And I liked Elder Cornish's too! There were just too many to pick. President Monson spoke about the Word of Wisdom in Priesthood session and I truly do believe that he is receiving those blessings promised to us as we live that commandment! I love hearing from him. Our recent convert, Stacey, said that he recognized President Monson as a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator so it was really great. He loved it! As a mission at our district meetings this month we are going to focus on the General Conference talks so I'm excited to do that! 

Here's the group of Elders that all live in our Apartment complex!
It's going to be way different after this week though. 

Here's the zone I was just in also! Ignore the weird face I'm making...
I don't know how that happened haha! This is the only picture! 



I always will remember you reading us the Book of Mormon every night. Thank you for doing that, even if we weren't listening, or when it came to pass, "AGAIN!" haha I still remember that! Do you remember us saying that? But thank you!! 

So transfers happened this week.... Elder Horton is leaving and I'm going to be getting new missionary! I'll get him on Wednesday and then we'll start training... I'm super nervous! I just have to rely on the promise that the Lord will qualify those whom he calls! I hope it goes well! I'm thankful and excited for this opportunity though. I'm also remaining the district leader so it just added to my responsibility haha! We'll see how this goes. I'm super sad that Elder Horton is leaving though! We have had so much fun this past transfer!! He's a great missionary and I'm sure we're going to be great friends for a while. This has probably been one of my hardest working and most fun transfers of my mission. It's been so great! I hope to keep it up as my new missionary comes in! In missionary lingo... "I'm having a son!" haha! 

This area is very interesting. We teach and drop investigators all the time! We found over 30 new investigators in the past 6 weeks, and now only have 6 that we are "actively" teaching. Only the Welker daughters (the two unbaptized youth) are the ones that we meet with regularly though. They are doing so well though! When the new missionaries come in tomorrow they have then teach real investigators by the missionaries serving in Norfolk, and we're trying to get them there! That would be so fun! Plus my future trainee will meet them! Hopefully we can do that!

Not much else for this week... I think that's about it! We've been working hard and having a lot of fun along the way! I love this area. I did see Taylor in the missionary choir! that was crazy! And that's crazy that Sammy did that well on the ACT also. HE's so much smarter than me! 

So my release date is now September 5th 2017.. Ah I don't like that. I did have a question though that I was hoping to ask at Christmas but I guess I'll bring it up now... That will bring me back after the Fall semester at BYU starts and I differed to that semester. Should I see if I can change my differment to winter or should I come back a few weeks early for school? I don't know which one.... 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Alma 29:13 "Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto the people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full."  This stood out to me because it reminded me of how important and great this calling I have is! And that I know that my success comes only from God. 

Thank you so much mom! You are so great! I love you and am so thankful for all that you do! This is going to be a great week. I hope you have a great week also! 

Love you so so much,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment