Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, October 17, 2016

Member Missionary Work!

Hey there Mom! 

Another great week. This week was so good, I don't even know how to explain it. We had so much fun, and we did a lot of great work. He was baptized into mission life for sure haha! 

I CAN'T BELIEVE ZACH AND SKYLA ARE HAVING A GIRL THAT'S SO CRAZY.  I'm so happy for them!! 

So this week was tons of fun. It was really tough early on in the week for my new companion, but he did so great. He's going to be such a good missionary, better than I'll ever be! We were having a tough morning on Tuesday or Wednesday, (I can't remember which), and it was really tough on Elder Hargraves. I could see that, and we went to the nearest fast food place and I got him a milkshake and we just sat and talked for a little bit. It was such a good experience. I feel like I've been go go go with him, and it was good to sit down and talk things out with him for a couple of minutes. After that, I wouldn't say a flip switched cause it wasn't that quick, but things picked up! He was more excited and since then every day has just gotten better and better. He's going to do amazing things during his mission. 

We were able to teach Ashley Welker a ton again!! It is so fun going over to their house. Every time I just feel the Spirit stronger and stronger. She is more converted at 9 years old then I was at 16 years haha! She just loves going to church and loves reading the Book of Mormon! This Saturday our stake is doing this thing for the youth called a "Mini MTC" and we're bringing some of our investigators to be taught and Ashley is so excited to help out! She loves being able to "teach the new missionaries" hahaha! But it's just amazing helping them. She is able to recognize the Spirit in her life when she prays and reads the Book of Mormon. I couldn't do that at 9! 

I think one of the highlights this week was our District Meeting though. That was such a great meeting. I don't know what happened, but somewhere throughout that meeting, the Spirit just entered in and we all could sense a changed. We were so excited to go out and improve and do missionary work. We read the talk "Sharing the Restored Gospel" by Elder Oaks from last conference. It was such a good meeting. At the end I shared some of my experiences with member missionary work and I got kind of emotional (first time I have in a good minute) and the Spirit was so present in that meeting. Probably one of the best district meetings I've ever been too. Afterward I was just so excited to get the members involved in our missionary work! I even gave a talk in Sacrament meeting this past Sunday on that talk and how what our purpose here is. We are here to help y'all! It was such a good experience. I think the members are warming up so much in our ward!  I love being here so much. 




I totally got the package from Mercedes! That was so nice of her, and I need to write her a letter back. It was such a nice package! It looked like she put a TON of effort into it as well! I hope she's doing great. Tell her I said Hi and thank you! 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."  I know that Jesus Christ is the rock of our Salvation. And if we look to HIm and follow Him, we will have Eternal Life. It's all because of Him. 

Thank you so much mom for all you do for me. I love you so much and I hope you have a great week.

Love you so so much,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment