Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Just Keep Pressing Forward!

Hey Mom!! 
 
This week was great. Just like every week it seems. It was a bit of an odd week, but we made it through! The beautiful thing about the gospel is that we just keep pressing forward and things tend to work out in the end. We can always repent and change and become better! 
 
So church yesterday was really great! Pioneer Day like doesn't exist though... haha! No one brought it up at all! The Greene's were not able to make it to church because of their land lord... he's being a real pain for them! They're just trying to move as quickly as possible to get out of there. But they are still set to be baptized! We went over and did some service and helped them repaint their walls. We finally met with them last night and went over the Baptismal Interview questions with them! It was so cool! We both feel that they're ready, and they feel that they are so ready. Their interview will be this Friday!!! I'm so excited. 
 
The less active brother was at church again!!! His name is Brother Hunter. He's such an awesome person and he has just done a complete turn around. We went over Tuesday and gave his wife (who's not a member) a blessing, and he had been doing study on his own! he discovered the Gospel Library app for the first time and he loved it!! It's really awesome to see this happen in people's lives. I love it. 
 
The scriptures are truly amazing and do change people's lives for the better! I love reading them! That's one of the first commitments we leave, is to read, and find out for yourself! Because that's where the Spirit testifies to you, is through your own learning and study. 
 
My interview with President Weed was awesome! Him and his wife are going to do great things at the head of our mission. I'm so excited to work with them! One thing that they were truly amazed with was the culture of the mission that was left behind by the Baker's! They did a great job, and I know the Weed's will as well! 
 
I'm glad that Girl's camp went well! I know that you did a great job with your lesson, because they are always great! I know someone was touched by it. (By the way, that's awesome that his name is Rushmore!!!)
 
Elder Ciminski and I are also excited for this week because we are getting a mini missionary tomorrow! He's going to be with us from tomorrow morning, to Sunday afternoon. IT's going to be so much fun! My mini mission was a great experience for me and I hope I can help this young man have the same experience. He's from the Mount Pleasant Ward in our stake, just up in Virginia. It's going to be so fun!! 
 
Oh I also had a favor! I know y'all are on vacation, but when you get back if you can I had an idea. Remember when one of Harrison's companion's on his mission was kind of homesick, so we had some people in our ward write a bunch of letters for him and send them to him? I was hoping we could do that for my companion. He's not homesick in the slightest, but he doesn't get very many letters at all so I thought this might be nice for him. Or it could backfire and he wouldn't like it... I don't know. Just an idea, what do you think about it?
 
So that's about it for this week! My ponderizing scripture is D&C 18:36 "Wherefore, you can testify that you have heard my voice, and know my words." It's plain and simple. I have been called, and can be chosen to be a servant of the Lord! And with that power and Authority I can testify of the Savior. I know He lives, and I know it because of the Book of Mormon. I know His Atonement is real and it applies to al of us! and I love that. 
 
I hope y'all have a great time in Glacier, and wherever else you will go! Thank you for everything and I will talk to you soon! I love you so much!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment