Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, August 22, 2016

Another Week Gone!

Hey Mom!! 

The Green's are doing well. They had to move, and we helped them move this week! They are still in our branch, only about 4 miles from their old house, but now they're in a fairly small trailer. It might be a little bit bigger than ours. They are surviving though and they are still happy! They weren't able to make it to church yesterday because they wanted to be there when their landlord was making repairs, but they will continue to come! We taught their first recent convert lesson last night and it went pretty well. They remember everything which is a good sign haha! I knew they would. I'm not sure if there is anything that you can do for them... maybe like a card or something I think they would love it! 

I'm able to run a little in the mornings for excercise. Only about 2 miles or so though. I'm no where in the shape I was in during cross country and track... but I'm trying. It's a little harder to run when you have to bring someone with you the whole time, and you have a limited amount of time in the morning. But we make it work!

This week was a tougher week. The heat has picked back up and I've gotten sunburned again haha! I have a huge tan line where the top of the collar on my white shirt is! It's pretty funny to see when I'm wearing a T-shirt. We've just been getting out and working hard every day. I know I can get better though. 

We had a really cool experience this week. We were having a rough day, and I was kinda struggling. All our plans were falling through, and no one wanted to talk to us, and there came a point where I just didn't know where to go. We said a prayer in the car and I got a thought to go to this one street and tract. I didn't know why that came, and I was a little frustrated so I ignored it and started making calls. After we made a few calls, I got the thought again, and I told Elder Ciminski, so we went there. We started knocking on doors and I still just didn't know why we were there! It was hot, I was getting sunburned again, I was tired, no one wanted to talk to us... but we kept going. We deicided to walk to the end of the street to see how far it was. After a few houses, Elder Ciminski pointed at a house and said we should go there, so I agreed and started walking up the driveway. We knocked on the door and this guy immediately invited us in and told us that he was baptized as a teenager and hasn't been to church in a while. His records weren't even in our branch and he's lived there for 12 years so it's been quite a while! We saw that he was moving so we asked if we could help and he opened up and told us that they had been struggling to find people to help and they would love it. He told us that he said a prayer even asking for help, and 15 minutes later we knocked on the door. That was no coincidence! God is mindful of each one of us. We were able to help him with his move for a few hours in the heat on Saturday, and we are going to move his records to where he is moving. I just thought it was amazing to see God answer all of our prayers like that. Truly a miracle. 

Other than that that's about it for this week! That event made the whole week worth it. My ponderizing scriputre for this week is Jacob 4:7 "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things."  I know that we all have weaknesses, and I'm a perfect example of that. But I also know that through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, those weaknesses can be made strong. WE just have to submit our will to His. IT's amazing! 

It sounds like you guys are doing great! When do you finish getting all the shots for the dog? Hopefully you can take him out soon haha! And I'm also glad to hear that Grandma and Grandpa are well enough to hold recitals! I'm sure they'd love that haha. 

I love you so much mom! I hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment