Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, August 8, 2016

Blessings Everywhere!!

Hey Mom!
So the Green's baptism was just amazing. I don't know how else to describe it. It was one of my favorite moments on my mission so far, to see all 5 of them be baptized! They were all so excited, and they just loved it. Joshua and Mandi, know for sure that the Book of Mormon is true, and have such a strong testimony. They are some of the greatest examples of faith I have ever seen! It has been amazing to see them change over these 4 months. We started teaching them when I got here, and we've finally got to this point. It's amazing! I was honored to be able to sing for them. Our Branch President Baptized all 5 of them, it was so cool! And we had about 50 or so people from our branch there! The branch is so supportive and really willing to help with them. They love them! Our mission president and his wife were also there! They said it was the first baptism they have been to in our mission so far, and they loved it! It was such a great baptismal service. Their father has not gotten the Aaronic Priesthood yet, but he will get it soon! 





On a side note, the baptismal font in Elizabeth city takes 4 hours to fill so that was pretty crazy! Elder Ciminski and I were there like all day because we had to watch it, and we had a mission meeting in the morning there anyway, so that was our Friday haha!
I also had the opportunity to confirm their son Malakhi on Sunday and that was really cool! I had never done that before, but it was an awesome experience.
And Brother Huggins told me he sent that recording to you! he said, "You should just come to expect that I'm going to send things home!" haha! They are an awesome family. EVeryone in the branch is just awesome!
Sammy is working the fair! Oh man that was a tough job, but it was so worth it in the end. He's going to love it once it's over haha! The Smokehouse is one of the busiest booths!
And Rushmore just sounds like such a funny dog! How big will he get?
Other things that happened this week... We got our first new investigator in 4 weeks yesterday! That was pretty exciting. We just knocked on his door, and it was totally Spirit led because I don't know why I said some of the things that I did, but he ended up opening up and telling us a lot of things that have gone on recently in his life! We taught about the Plan of Salvation and he liked it, and we're going to go back this Thursday. The main struggle with people in this area is that they are content where they are. Most people have a church already and aren't really interested, but sometimes you just have to follow the Spirit and say the right thing! I know that the Spirit really can touch someone's heart when you talk to them.
Other than that I think that's about it for this week. The Baptism was defnitely the highlight! Such an awesome experience. I love the Green family! I can't wait to see them all be sealed in the temple. I don't know if I'll literally be able to be there, but, I cannot wait to see them after they have been. They are so great.
My ponderizing scripture for this week is John 20:31 "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." And that's excatly what the scriptures are there for! We are so blessed to not only have the bible, but the Book of Mormon as an added witness that Jesus is the Christ. As well as the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, and counsel from modern day prophets that help us grow closer to Him. I know that they are true!
I hope you have a great week this week Mom! you are so amazing, and I love you so much, and you are just the best.
Love,
Elder Collier 

No comments:

Post a Comment