Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, September 11, 2017

Last Email!!

Hey Mom!

My week has been really really good. Time is going by wayyyy too fast. This is really weird sitting here right now. This has honestly been a super fun week though! We were definitely able to see God's hand all throughout it just like the rest of my mission. Packing and getting all that ready was hard though. I didn't sleep much last night... haha! I don't know how much I'll sleep tonight but we'll see! 

We were able to find a family that we taught this week! That was super cool. ACtually, the story is sweet, we were going over to dinner with some members, but the dad was late from work, so we went out and worked until she was gonna text us when he came home. So we went out and contacted this guy that we had known for actually a few months now but haven't been able to teach! So we contacted him, (and it was raining pretty hard so we were wet) and he let us right in! We taught him, his wife, and their 10 year old son and they really liked what we shared about the restoration! it was a pretty good lesson and they invited us back for dinner! I won't be there for it, but it was cool to be able to be apart of that. 

We also saw a few more of our investigators this week, and KAren and her family are doing fantastic. They have started to read the Book of Mormon and have said that they want to be baptized! It's only a matter of time now. Seriously, investigators that come through working with the members are the greatest. They are the most solid! So that was cool to see. 

Other than that, it was just a solid week. Bad on my part, I didn't pick a ponderizing scripture yet... But i will! And I DO KNOW that this is the true church. I have come to know that the Lord leads and directs this work for HIs children. IT's such a blessing to be apart of it. I said a prayer last night reflecting on my mission, and I just felt peace. The same peace that I feel when I read the Book of Mormon, and take the Sacrament. The Spirit is real. And I know that God is there and wants to be apart of our lives. 

Thank you so much for all your support and love this whole time Mom! I guess I'll have a lot of stories to tell this week! 

I can now officially say, I'll see you soon! I love you so much!! 

Love you,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment