Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Two Missionaries Out!

Hey Mom!

How does it feel to have two missionaries at the same time?? This is definitely new for y'all. It's super weird thinking about it for me haha! It hit me a few times, but it didn't distract me or anything so that was good. I'm glad that it was a good Sacrament Meeting! It sounds like it was really cool. Such a cool experience. 

Sammy doesn't need to be worried about the MTC! Everything just happens so quickly at the beginning that you don't even realize what's going on haha! It was hard for me I'm not going to lie, but if you don't have those hard experiences, then you'll never know the good ones! So that's been such a blessing for me. I was actually reading through my journal the other day from the beginning of my mission, and I was SO HOMESICK. It was crazy! But I also had so many cool experiences to help me keep working hard and for me to just keep at it. And eventually, I was able to overcome it! and Sure it comes and goes, but that's what prayer, and scripture study are for to help you learn how to rely on the power of the Savior and apply is power into your life! But most importantly, as I've really focused on helping others to apply the Savior's power in their life, that's when I think I've learned the most. It's so cool. 

I'm glad that you and Dad will get to go on a trip! It'll be a nice break I think to just be the two of you. No dogs, no kids! How long has it been since you could do that?? haha! 

This week for me was a good week. Elder Gardner and I, I think, have finally started to work super well together, and we just are loving it. I mean, It's hard definitely, but it's been very good. It was hard this week because it was in the triple digits for three straight days... without the humidity. WIth humidity it was about 110... so it was hot. Also, Our investigators have kinda seemed to be dropping off recently... Miranda was supposed to come to church yesterday, but she ended up not coming, and then she's going to go out of town for a few weeks... Our investigator Lisa ended up dropping us an hour before text just be fore our lesson in the Bishop's home! That was super sad. We haven't been able to contact her since, so we don't know why, but we'll keep trying. And we haven't found a new investigator in a while, but we're still going forward!  The Members are just doing great though! I love being able to help the members to reach out to their friends. that has  honestly been really cool.





Thank you for sending me Sammy's talk by the way! It was SO good. He's going to do so well. 

I can't think of anything else super exciting that happened this week... It's just been fun. As President Weed (my mission president) said best, "Joy is a sign that you are on the Lord's errand." So if we are feeling joy, (Pure Joy)  we can know that we're doing what we're supposed to even amidst how hard mission life can be! 

My ponderizing scripture for the week is John 6:38 "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." This one stood out to me because the Savior set the perfect example. And just how The Savior came to not do His will, but to do the Father's will, it's the same for me. I came here on my mission (and to this life for that matter) to not do my will, but to do my Father's will. And I know that as I do my best, that the Lord will support us. He will ratify our decisions, and rescue us if need be! I love being out here, and I'm so excited for Sammy to experience this as well! 

I hope you have a great week this week Mom! It'll be so hard  I bet, but it's going to be so worth it in the end. Sammy is going to do such a great job on his mission and I'm so excited for him. Travel safe! I love y'all so much.

I love you!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment