Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Things Are Moving Forward!

Hey Mom!

That's so cool that Sammy is on his mission and in the MTC now! He'll make it through. It was really tough for me too! But at least he has one extra week in the MTC and time to prepare for the field! I had 12 days haha! His experience with homesickness will allow him to help him when he needs to train or help a new missionary. It'll be great for him. I don't want him to be homesick either, cause it was hard for me. But it'll make him better! sometimes that's necessary. 

Things are definitely moving forward for us! We finally took the time to let go of a few of investigators that we hadn't seen in a while But once we did that, we found so many people! We found probably 4 new investigators this week and that was super cool! Not all were the most solid, but one was a really good lesson! His name was Travis, and he grew up with both Christian and Muslim influences! It was really cool because he was asking a lot of questions, and he texted us a couple days later and said that he had written down a lot of questions since he's been reading the Book of Mormon! that was super cool! 

Our investigator Miranda some how managed to get sick before church again... I don't know how this is happening. Every time we want to let her go, she manages to say that she's willing to commit, and then doesn't follow through. We may just need to stop going for a while and see if that does any good! It's just so sad to let people go. But sometimes it'll be good for them. 

We taught Gospel Doctrine yesterday on Missionary Work and it was super fun! We turned it into kind of a big "Practice Session" To help people not be so scared to talk with their friends and neighbors! People actually really enjoyed it and it was super funny. I think that's been something that is definitely moving forward here is the member work. And our bishop met with us this week and that is our Main focus in this ward now! We definitely won't give up finding and teaching through our own efforts, but when you find through the members, so much good happens! Things are just going so well! I'm happy. 

I'm not quite to my last transfer yet. 7 weeks left though... it's going by too fast. Elder Gardner goes home in 3 weeks, so we think we're going to get a third companion for those 2 weeks before he goes. Then I'll go. Ah that's so weird! But I'll probably stay here in the Lightfoot ward though and I'm okay with that! this ward is SO GOOD. I love it!

My ponderizing scripture for this week is 2 Nephi 9:21 "And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam." I chose this scripture for this week because I just love Jesus Christ. And I love how the Book of Mormon simply testifies about what He did for us! He simply came into the world to save all those who will Hearken unto His voice. And right now, I get to help people hear His voice. I love being here, and I know for certain that Jesus is our Savior! 

I loves you so much Mom! I hope y'all enjoy your road trip! Have a great week!

I love you!

Elder Collier

PS And I finished the Book of Mormon again this week, and I'm going to read it all the way through before I leave! I've got about 10 pages a day to do, but It's been good so far! I'm almost through 1 Nephi again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment