Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

No Matter What We Go Through, The Gospel is True!

Hey Mom!!

I'm doing pretty good this week. Again, it was tough to hear about Grandma. I remember you telling me last week that she was put on Hospice, but I didn't expect it to be this week that it would happen. But I also didn't want it to happen just after Sammy left on his mission, so I think it was timely. He can now go in without any worries, and have extra support from Grandma and Granpda Doty and Collier. So that's something that'll keep me going, and I know will help Sammy! He's going to do great. Thank you also for sharing what happened with Grandma with me. That's a very special spiritual experience and I'm grateful for that. I know that they are happy again and are doing great work on the other side of the veil! 

I shared that quote in the subject title because someone said that in their testimony yesterday during sacrament meeting and I thought it was perfect. "No matter what we go through, the Gospel is true!" You can't forget everything you've been taught and experienced at the the drop of a hat or a bad situation. Jesus Christ and everything you learn about Him, is what is supposed to help you through those times. And I know that he does. While Grief is real, and it comes and goes in waves when you don't expect it, Jesus Christ still does know our situation perfectly. I know it! He's there and knows us so well! 

I think one of the greatest parts about my mission, is that I get to help people in similar situations make it through times of difficulty in their lives. The other day, we talked with a woman that had recently lost her husband and she was struggling. She was Christian and believed in the resurrection, and she was just trying to figure out where her Husband was now because he hadn't been resurrected yet. And I confidently was able to read from the Book of Mormon in Alma 40:11-12 "11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between deathand the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life. 12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." This is also my ponderizing scripture for the week by the way. But I could confidently tell her exactly where her husband was now, and that he was able to learn about the gospel there! The Spirit was strong there. And I know for certain that the Plan of Salvation is real and it's a perfect plan! 

Things also have just been great this week. The work is progressing great. We have an investigator named Lisa that we have taught for a few weeks now that is sincerely interested and asking all the right questions. We had a great lesson last night and she is just super willing to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! It's really cool. This is probably the only area that I've taught multiple investigators multiple times! We also have been working with a ton of our active members, and yesterday one of the families bore their testimony about the great missionary opportunities they have been having (because they are doing awesome!!) and it really just lifted the whole ward! Then we had dinner with a family who we had talked to about praying and seeing who they could share the gospel with, and they did!! And we were able to talk right there with what they could do! This ward is just great. 

I am just loving being here still. I promise to work as hard as I possibly can, because that's what I'm called to do! IT's the only time in my life that I can come this close to giving my all. I love it. I'm so thankful for loving grandparents that have lived righteously. I'm thankful for the memories I have with them, and all that I've learned from them. They are forever going to have an impact on me. And I'm so thankful for your's and Dad's examples to me as well! You are truly the greatest parents anyone could ask for. 

I love you so much! Thank you for all that you do for me. I'll forget myself and get to work!

I love you Mom!

Elder Collier

Cool Miniature Golf Place!



No comments:

Post a Comment