Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, June 19, 2017

Survived Transfers!

Hey Mom!

I hope Dad had a good day! I thought the card was pretty good. It was the best! He sent me pictures of his new socks too! I'm jealous haha! Sounds like it was a great day for him! 

I'm super happy for Sammy too. He's doing a ton of things that are super cool! Graduation, going through the temple... Man. Now he's in Mission Prep mode. That's super crazy. Within this next transfer for me he'll be going into the MTC! 

This week was a great week for us! We ended up not getting a transfer call, so Elder Gardner and I are staying together for another transfer! It's super weird because we both go home so soon! After this next transfer, we think we'll be placed in a trio, because Elder Gardner goes home 2 weeks in, and then I will go home at the end of that transfer, so for 4 weeks I'll probably have my last companion! We'll see though. I just know that for the next 6 weeks I'll be here in Lightfoot still! I'm so happy cause it's super fun. 

We found 5 new investigators this week. That was super fun! They just all kinda came out of the wood work! All of them we had met previously and set up appointments with so it was pretty cool. One was a young guy, he actually graduated in 2015 the same year as me and Elder Gardner so that was kinda weird cause he was going into his Junior year of college this next year haha! But he was pretty interested in finding a church to be apart of. It was a good lesson. Elder Gardner and I just love being here! I'm not going to lie, he's been one of the more difficult companions for me to get along with, but we work really well together! It's been weird haha! We love working together and are great friends, but it's like when you start living with your best friend and it gets really difficult. But it's been great because we are really trying to get better and we are really motivated to work. There's only a few weeks left for both of us so there's a big sense of urgency to work as hard as we possibly can between the two of us. 

We had a great lesson with the Branscomes, the part-member family we are working with! It was super cool because we were finally able to discern what one of her concerns were! The Spirit will definitely help you figure out what people need. And we are going to see them again tonight! We also started teaching Lawrence who is 84 years old. He's been catholic his whole life so he says it'll be hard to convince him, but he started reading from the Book of Mormon, so we'll see how far he gets before he is... haha! But yeah we are definitely staying busy talking with and teaching people. Plus our members are doing great missionary work! Your Cousin Blair's daughter Sabrina brought a friend to church the other week and she said she was pretty interested so that's exciting! Our ward members here are awesome. I love this ward.

My ponderizing scripture for this week is 1 Nephi 13:37 "And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be."  I read this the other day and it really stood out to me. I love the promise that it says when we seek to bring forth Zion, we will be blessed with the Holy Ghost and be saved. But the thing that really stood out to me, was that it was those who Seek to  bring forth Zion. Not just those who have seen a ton of miracles, or those who have baptized thousands, but those who just honestly want to try their best and do the Lord's will, will be blessed with the power to do so. I know that that is true, and if we just try our very best, we will be blessed for it! I know that this is the work of the Lord for sure!

Thank you so much for all that you do Mom! I love you so much. The Work is going great here and I'm loving every minute of it. I realized this morning that there's only 12 weeks left for me. That freaked me out a bit... haha! 

I love you so much Mom! I hope you have a great week this week! Talk to you soon!

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment