Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, March 6, 2017

Another Week in New Bern!

Hey Mom!!

THAT IS SO GOOD THAT SAMMY GOT INTO BYU!! I cannot believe that every single one of us have gotten into BYU. That is so cool! It'll be so much fun to all be there together. And that is a lot of people that all got in as well. Vancouver is going to take over the school!

Sounds like Solo and Ensemble is the same as it always is... I'm happy for how well y'all did though! 

So this week was a pretty good week this week. We are still struggling to find new investigators, but we are still going. Our active member visits have shown a lot of success. Along with finding new investigators ourselves, I think Elder Shill said it best when he said, "We need to teach the members how to fish." And that's what we're going to do!

We had a special MLC this week which ended up being really really cool. MLC's throw off our day because it takes a little over 3 hours to get to Portsmouth, so we spend more time in the car than actually at the meeting, but it's totally worth it. We had some people from the MTC come to give us training. The whole time Elder Shill and I thought that we were going to get iPads... the whole ride up we talked about it and it seemed more and more possible! We even had a funny plan to introduce them to the zone. But even though we did not get iPads, we had some really cool training that we received. It was about what we call the Plan-Study-Teach cycle, and how everything we do should be focused on others that we are working with. It wasn't anything new that we learned, but it was some great reminders. That night we on our ride home we had to prepare a Zone Meeting because we had an appointment for that night. We decided to really apply what we had re learned, and the member that we were visiting said that we "Shined brighter than normal." It was pretty cool to know that we had applied it right! But then we had a surprise Zone Meeting the next day that we didn't know about before we went to MLC so it was a pretty crazy couple of days because we needed to plan a good meeting for all the missionaries in our zone. But it was super fun!

After Zone Meeting on Friday, it was super cool because I got to go on an exchange with Elder Hargraves, the missionary I trained! I've never been on an exchange with on of my former companions before. It just felt like we were companions again, it was so fun! And he just looked so good, he was enjoying his mission a ton. I got to take him into New Bern and we had some fun going and talking to a lot of different people. 

We had a less-active couple come to church on Sunday! We had visited them a few times, and they finally said that they knew they needed to come to church, and they came! The whole ward was super happy to see them there. 

So while teaching is slow here, I'm super excited and still loving everything out here. I know that there is someone out there that is looking, and even if I don't find them, it's not going to be because I didn't look everywhere I could. My ponderizing scripture for this week is D&C11:21 "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." This verse has had a special meaning to me the past couple days, because I want to make my studies more effective to prepare me for those that I am seeing that day or those that I may meet. And I know that if I really prepare myself that the Lord will open my mouth and fill it with what I need to say in the very moment. And I know the same will happen to you! 

I'm sorry that I don't have a lot that happened this week... But I'm happy for y'all! It sounds like you had a great week! 

Thank you for all that you do for me Mom! I'll send pictures soon! I keep forgetting.... But I promise I'll take more! 

I love you so much!!! Have a great week this week!

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment