Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, March 20, 2017

Missionary Work is Loving Other People

Hey Mom!

So this week was another week! It was pretty good. I'm glad that you are doing well! It sounds like you had a fun trip to Utah. I hope Cali is doing better. 

I'm glad you got that picture! Yeah I was able to baptize Ruth Solis, she's an 8 year old girl who's dad isn't a member. I'm not sure why I was picked, but it was a pretty cool experience to be apart of that. It's always a privilege to help someone else with those sorts of ordinances. It was kinda crazy cause afterward the drain started to back up and over flow a bit so we had a few inches of water in the bathroom... But we got it all cleaned up so it was okay. 

Oh, we also did get snow yesterday! First snow of the year... in March. I can't believe it. It was like in the 70's earlier in the week too. Nothing stuck to the ground, but everyone was freaking out haha! Classic East North Carolina. 

Elder Shill and I found a new investigator!! His name is Charles. Our first lesson went pretty well, he understood the Restoration and that it meant that this was the only true church on the earth. He missed his second appointment cause he was sick, but he called us this morning and said that he felt good after he prayed about the Restoration!! That was super exciting. He wanted us to come by tonight. We also found him tracting, but Elder Shill and I have split up our area into smaller areas and have been driving there to bike around. It's been super fun and I feel a lot more productive. Plus, people see us out and about on bikes which I think is great!

We had a good district meeting this week. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty nice to not have to prepare district meetings any more, we can just go to enjoy them! But our district leader talked about the Doctrine of Christ and how it's all centered on Love. And it was just a super Spirit filled meeting. I was so excited to go out and to love people. Cause that is really what we are called to do, to first love them, and then when we truly do love them, we will Invite them to make commitments and help them to keep those! I feel like I always have to relearn how to be a missionary, but it's good to refresh your memory. Missionary work is all about loving other people. My ponderizing scripture goes along with that! It is John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have love one to another."  When we do missionary work, it truly shows the people that we love them. That should be the motivation! and the great thing is that the success comes in extending the invitation!! 

Anyways, I'm still having fun out here. I love it so much. Thank you for all your support and love Mom. I really feel it all the time. You are the best. 

I love you so much. I hope you have a great week this week! Tell Skyla and Zach that I say hi!!

Love you,

Elder Collier

PS we also made some bread!! It's actually super good and super cheap. I sent a picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment