Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow Storm... or Not!

Hey Mom!! 

This week was a lot of fun! The past few days our mission had a Winter Storm that hit Virginia pretty hard, and some parts of our mission in North Carolina. But our Zone got like nothing! It was crazy. Everyone else can't drive their cars because of the ice, but our zone is fine! It is just really really cold though. It was 18 degrees this morning! We were grounded yesterday though so we walked everywhere we went yesterday. Church was canceled for us too (although we have no idea why.) Classic eastern North Carolina, they over react about any winter storm! That's crazy that you had a winter storm back home too! 

We were supposed to here from Elder Cook who was coming to visit the Virginia Beach stake and speak to all the missionaries in our mission, but they had to cancel it because Virginia got hit pretty bad with snow and ice. So that was a bummer. But we saw a miracle because of it! Friday night we were supposed to travel up to Elizabeth City to stay the night with some missionaries, but we ended up teaching a woman that night who really accepted the message of the Restoration! It was super cool because she is super Family oriented. We have a lesson set up tomorrow night with a member and I'm super pumped for it. So even though we missed out on hearing from an Apostle, because we worked in our area that night we were blessed! 

I traveled up to Portsmouth for my first MLC (mission leadership council) on Wednesday and that was super cool! Essentially we hear from our mission President and the assistants, and all the zone leaders and sister training leaders discuss what our focus for the transfer will be! We are focusing on Finding New Investigators and having more creative finding ideas. Then we take what we've learned there, and make a Zone Meeting out of it the next Friday. So friday was my first Zone Meeting and it was such a cool experience. I loved it! The Spirit was so strong in that meeting, and I just love each one of the missionaries here in my zone. 

Other than that, there's not a lot else happening here! This ward is just great. I haven't gotten to know them super well yet because church was canceled, but I'm excited to work with them! Elder Ward and I are getting along a lot better! We have a lot of fun. He used to Rodeo and his event was calf roping. It's pretty sweet! He also was a wrestler. So we don't have a ton in common, but we have a lot of fun joking around together. We're going to do some good work here! Things are just great here in New Bern though. I love it. 

Rushmore is awesome. I can't wait to meet him! 

I bet the musical is going to be great! 

Thank you so much for changing my differment! I think that is what I need to do, what do you think about me waiting until January for school? 

I'm glad to hear that you are still doing great. And that Grandpa is still fighting. He's amazing. I love him! 

My ponderizing scripture this week is in 3 Nephi 27:16 "And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world." And On my mission I felt like I have learned what repentance really is. It's not just stopping the bad things that you are doing, but it is also changing and doing more good things in your life. And better things. It's constant improvement, and that's what the Lord asks of us. And I know that He does really promise us Eternal Life with Him. 

I love you Mom!! Thank you for everything. Oh I did get my package from Harrison and Jenni! Those pants they sent me are sweet! You are the best. 

Hope you have a great week! Love you.

Elder Collier

1 comment:

  1. Elder Collier,
    We saw your wonderful mother's post on Facebook with your blog. We enjoyed reading about what's happening with you on your mission. We don't know you as well as your older brothers, but we know you are a fine young man who is doing all that he can to be a dedicated missionary. Keep up the good work. We have been serving as welfare services missionaries (humanitarian) here in Jamaica for 5 months and are having amazing experiences. We especially love interacting with the young elders and sisters serving here. We pray for you and all of the Lord's servants every day. Be safe.
    Elder and Sister Stewart
    Welfare Services Missionaries
    Jamaica Kingston Mission

    ReplyDelete