Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, January 16, 2017

Another Week!

Hi Mom!!

I'm able to write today because in  New Bern we have a family history center that we can use to email so that's pretty nice! Thanks for getting a letter off just in case haha!
That is so crazy how much snow y'all have gotten! I honestly can't believe it!! I'm very very jealous because we have gotten NOTHING haha! It was 70 degrees the other day. Now it's back down to the 40's, but that's how the weather goes over here! I am sorry that all those things had to get canceled though! That's lame. But I'm glad that they rescheduled some performances for the musical!

This week was pretty cool! It was filled with a lot of traveling again, I guess that just comes with the new assignment. But we had a lot of fun! Elder Ward and I definitely have had a ton of time to talk in the car. But it's also nice cause we can make all our phone calls while we're driving so we don't have to use any of our other proselyting time! Elder Ward is also going home in a few weeks, so we're really trying to see all the Miracles we can! We went to Greenville for a Zone Conference, and we also drove up to Portsmouth a different day to do exchanges with the Assistants! Because we are the farthest zone leaders from them, we drive up to Portsmouth and split their area in half for the exchange! It was a lot of fun being up there. I do know an Elder Richins by the way, he's one of our assistants, and he was my zone leader for the past three transfers when I was District Leader in Norfolk, so I've gotten to work with him a lot!

We had some sweet experiences with investigators this week! One we found named Ashley who is super cool. She is married, but her husband isn't interested right now. We taught her once, and left her with a restoration pamphlet to read over, and then when we went by the second time, she had downloaded the app with the pamphlets on her phone to read! It was so cool cause she went out and found those! She couldn't come to church yesterday because she was out of town, but she's going to come when she can! So we're super excited for that. Then we found another man named Antonio, who really believed in the Apostasy when we left it with him. Well we come back for our second lesson last night, and there's a Church Printed Quadruple  Combination (with all the standard works) sitting on his desk! I saw that and thought, "That book looks really familiar..." and then it hit me haha! We asked him where he got it, and he said one of his friends had it, and that's where the conversation ended... so we don't really know where it came from, but it's just sweet that he has it! He said he can't wait to come to church!! We had some sweet lessons this week, and the Spirit has just been really present in my life. I feel like I am guided by the Spirit all through out my day and I just love it. And the best part about it is that it's all to bless the lives of others. I've just been so tired recently though, but I love that feeling because then I know I've worked hard. Eder WArd bought a hammock last monday, and we put it up in the apartment, and I fell asleep on it after planning on Saturday night and woke up at like 10:40 super confused... haha!

That's good news that I have my deferment accepted!! And that I may have a job too! that's really exciting! I will definitely take that chance to have a job when I get home, thank you!
I'm loving working as a Zone leader. This zone is so fun! We're having a Zone P-day with all the Elders at our building and we're going to play some sports and games and stuff today.
My ponderizing scripture is Alma 32:27 today: "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even, if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that can give place for a portion of my words."  I know that this is true. I have seen it among people that I have worked with, and myself. And I'm thankful that you know this is true too Mom! Your faith is amazing and I love seeing that.

Thank you again for everything Mom! you have helped me so much, and I know you do so much for me so that I don't have to worrry about things at home. At times, I'm not going to lie, I get distracted with thoughts about the future, and it makes me scared haha! But I'm just grateful that when I get to work every day, things just fall in to place and I feel confident and happy. You're the best Mom!

I love you so much! Have a fantastic week!
Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment