Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Endure to the End

Hey Mom!!

Oh my gosh those pictures of the musical are SWEET! It looks like Sammy had a good time. I'm so impressed with him, and with the rest of them as well! I bet it was a great show. I'm just glad they finally got to perform it! 

It sounds like y'all had another crazy week! I'm glad everyone is doing okay. And I pray for Grandpa every night. 

Here in New Bern things have been kinda slow with our teaching... We didn't teach a single lesson to an investigator with a member present this week. Actually we only taught two lessons to investigators period, and they were both new investigators that allowed us to teach them on the spot. They seemed really nice! 

We weren't able to see those two investigators that I talked about last week... Ashley went out of town and is going to be gone for a few weeks, but I was texting her a bit one day and we were talking about how she was liking the Book of Mormon! We're going to stay in contact with her while she's gone so that we can help her understand the Spirit that she will feel as she reads the Book of Mormon. Then we didn't see Antonio cause he had to cancel his lesson, and he didn't come to church because his car wouldn't start, but we set up with him again! I really hope he has a desire to learn. 

We've been working with a few less-active members and I just love doing that. Seeing their testimony be strengthened as they read the scriptures and come to church again is just awesome. 

We also did a combined activity with the youth this week and it was sweet! We helped them all share the gospel through facebook/instagram/twitter by sending something to a specific person! They really liked it.

We started our exchanges this week, I decided to stay in the area for all of them because I'm going to be taking over the area pretty soon. But I went with a few Elders that I was able to learn a lot from! It's weird being on the Zone Leader side of an exchange with a District Leader. But then again, it's not really much different at all.

I'm trying to use our phone more, and it's actually pretty fun to use it. If you can believe it Mom, I enjoy talking on the phone now! I'm just constantly on it trying to get ahold of different people we've met, or members of the church. Something I've also started doing is just calling members of our ward just to tell them we love them and appreciate them! Cause when you're a missionary, most members see that you're calling and think, "Oh the missionaries, what do they need now?" But I'm trying to change that culture a little just to let them know that we really do love and care about them!  It's been a lot of fun. 

Going into Elder Ward's last week of his mission, I'm hoping to sprint to the finish. I think I'm going to need to push him a bit, but he can rest when he gets home! It'll be fun! I just love missionary work. It's all I want to do right now. I've just gotta stay busy with all my time!

My ponderizing scripture for this week is Ether 12:27. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I'm a personal testament that weak things can be made strong in the Lord. Even though I have tons of weaknesses, I just hope that if I do my best every day out here, that those weaknesses can be made strong. That I will have the strength to get up, the courage to talk to people. The Lord truly does strengthen us. 

I love you so much mom! You are such a great example to me and I'm so thankful for that. Everything that I have learned has been from you and Dad, and my older and younger brothers. And from our Savior. 

I love you so much! I hope you have a fantastic week. I'll talk to you soon! 

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment