Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, December 5, 2016

Light The World!


Hey Mom!!

December is already here and it's crazy! We found a lot of Christmas decorations in our closet, so we put those up in our apartment! We also made a Christmas Countdown. Christmas time is the best time to be a missionary! You can just say Merry Christmas to random people and it's a great way to talk to them haha! And no cannot believe Jordan is coming home already... That's crazy! It'll be so good to see him again. 

This week was a crazy week. It was filled with ups and downs. On Tuesday I got in a bike crash... haha! I got distracted and just road straight into a piece of cement that was sticking out! I flew over my handlebars, but I'm okay! I just ripped my pants through the fabric and got a little bruised. My bike kinda fell apart, but I took it to a bike shop and should be getting it back later this week. I got lucky and I am borrowing another missionary's bike for now! But later that day we had a great active member lesson with our Elders Quorum President (who's from Vancouver by the way! His last name is Sahim) and his wife. So that's just an example of our up down week. 

Because I ripped my pants, I was wondering if you could send me some new pants for Christmas? I was thinking maybe a khaki colored pair, and then possibly a blue pair too. My address won't change before Christmas! Transfer calls are on Christmas Eve, but transfers aren't until the next Wednesday! 

We decided to stop keeping track of a few of our Key Indicators! We now are no longer tracking Progressing Investigators, Other Lessons, and Referrals received and contacted. We are hoping by doing so that we will really focus more on getting members out to our lessons. We are going more for quality not quantity of lessons. I like the change, it'll be really good for our mission. 

Elder Hargraves and I have also decided to stop working so much in the ghetto parts of our area. It'll be safer for sure... but also we just haven't seen anything come from it. We teach a lot, but we never see them again, or they just don't commit. So we are going to work more in the better kept parts! All our members live over on that side too, so it'll be easier for active member lessons! Member missionary work is so important.

I don't know if you've seen the Light the World video yet but you should definitely check it out! it's on Mormon.org. It's going to be great this Christmas season to Light the World with acts of service, and by doing it we become more like Jesus Christ! Christmas is such a great time. 

What time will work for you to call on Christmas? I am not sure when our church service is, I just know we are only having Sacrament Meeting. 

I decided to ponderize John 16:33 this week. "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Especially after President Eyring's talk last night about peace, Peace comes because of our Savior Jesus Christ. Through Him, we truly can find peace in this life. I believe He lives today. I love being able to testify of Him every single day! 

Thank you so much Mom! I really appreciate all the help you have given me, and continue to give me. I promise to keep using my name for good! I still hope to one day get to Four Oaks, NC! I hope you get feeling better too. 

Have a great week Mom!  I love you so much. 

Elder Collier 

No comments:

Post a Comment