Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Biking Like There's No Tomorrow!

Hey Mom!!

I cannot believe at all that my year mark is this Friday... It's so crazy. We're going to celebrate some how haha! It's amazing how time just flies so fast. I wish it would slow down! Although This week has felt so long, but it's been great. Transfer weeks are just crazy! What I'm going to do with the time I have left, is continue to work hard. There's so much that I can improve on, and I'm thankful that I've been place in an area that gives me the chance to do that. 




Norfolk is going to be so much fun! It's already been a blast. Elder Horton is so much fun to be with! That's my new companion. He's from Orem Utah, although he moved to American Fork right before he left. He's like 6 foot 5, so he's way bigger than me, but we get along great. He's so funny! he's making jokes all the time, and he works super hard which is awesome. So Our area in Norfolk 1st, is the downtown area. IT's pretty sketchy in some places and it's pretty nice in some others. We get both ends of the spectrum. Our apartment complex is awesome cause all the Elders in my district live there with us, plus the Zone leaders, so we go work out together every morning. It's so fun. But since we all live here, only one of us lives in the area we proselyte in, and that's not us. We live about 20 minutes biking away from our area... about 3 miles ish. So we get a really goo dbike ride in every day! We probably average about 20 miles a day... it's crazy! I was so sore the first couple days since I've had a car for 4 months, but I think I'm getting used to it now. I'm just always going to be tired for sure, but hopefully I'll be in pretty good shape! 

So The Norfolk 1st ward is pretty transient cause of the military. Norfolk has the largest Naval base in the world, so we get a lot of military. Our ward isn't too big right now... we don't even fill up the chapel. And I think some missionaries in the past lost some of the trust with th emembers, so I hope we can gain that back! I think we can. A lot of the members help us out though! I'm in the Virginia Beach stake now which geographically is pretty small! But there's just a TON of people everywhere. I'm deffinitely in the city again haha! It's so much different than Currituck. My district right now has me and my companion, 2 other elder companionships, a sister companionship and a Senior Military relations couple! I'm really impressed with the work they are doing. Our district meeting on Friday I think went pretty well. 

There's a lot of members in Currituck I want to add to my email list, but I forgot the paper with all their information on it at our apartment! So I'll get that to you next week. My last few days in Currituck, and the rest of my time there was the best. I'm going to miss that branch so much! One of my zone leaders right now served there too so It's been pretty cool to talk with him about it! 

So I almost walked into a baptism this past week! A man named Stacy, one of our investigators, was supposed to be baptized on Saturday, and he had passed his interview and everything, but he called us on friday and said that his family didn't want him to get baptized. We met with him again, and asked him to pray about his baptism and let him know that this was the right choice. He did and he said he needed to get baptized, so we reset his date for September 10th! He was at church yesterday too so he's serious about this. It was sad that it didn't work out, but at least he'll still get baptized soon. 

I can't think of much else that happened this week... Transfers are crazy and I've got a great new area. We talk with so many people every day it's hard to keep them all straight! 

I can't believe the teachers might go on strike! That's so sad! hopefully that doesn't happen. And that's so funny what happened at Grandpas "Recital". I love hearing him sing! 

My ponderizing scripture for this week is 2 Nephi 26:27 "Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance."  I read that this morning and it just got me super excited. We have the opportunity to bring everyone unto His salvation, and I know that that only happens through the proper priesthood authority. And I have the chance to be a part of this! But we all can be as well. I know that repentance to so important in our Heavenly Father's plan. 

Thank you so much for everything Mom! I love you so much! I can't believe how fast time flies. And it'll only go faster.

Love you so so much.

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment