Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, June 13, 2016

Miracles Continue to Happen!

Hey Mom!
So this week was absolutely amazing. Like it was so great. Miracles truly do take place on your missions. We had a zone meeting last Friday (So I didn't have to lead it haha!) But during that meeting we did a section where we decided on some people we wanted to focus on. We prayed and essentially asked Heavenly Father who we should prepare for baptism this month, and the answer we got was the Greene family (the one who has come to church two, well now three, weeks in a row!) So we were a little scared to ask them to be baptized in this month because it's pretty soon, but we acted on faith and we did it. We set them with a date of June 29th to be baptized!!!! And we taught the Word of Wisdom last night and the spirit was so strong in that lesson. One of them was so happy that she came to church that she started crying, and it didn't even phase them that they had to quit smoking and drinking coffee. They are so prepared and are so excited! And the branch is working with them a lot as well. Everyone loves them, and I feel like I truly do love them too. It's a family of 6, and 5 of them are over 8.
Oh my gosh Joshua, the dad, literally just texted us and he said he was reading and he said he felt the Spirit confirm to him that the Book of Mormon is true! I almost started crying I was so happy. This is so amazing. I love this work and I love the Gospel! I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I love that the gospel has been restored to the Earth today!
That's about it for what happened this week. It was truly an amazing week. I think it's because we have just been working so hard. We have had no lessons set up, so we've just been outside tracting and talking with everyone. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday was just filled with finding activities. And we were blessed at the end of the week with being able to meet with the Greene's again, and have that amazing lesson. I went on an exchange with Elder Cole, who is in my district! he's a great missionary and has a real great desire to work hard. It's kinda weird because not only has he been out one transfer longer than me, he was also in my first district so we knew each other when I first came out! Then I hadn't seen him for about 6 months, so it was cool to go on exchanges with each other again.
Elder Dumont was my last companion Mom haha! That's pretty cool that there is a connection there! How does Skyla know him?
It sounds like everything is going great over there! The Musical I bet is going to be so great. Congratulations for everyone that's in it! It's so weird that they will all be seniors this next year.... And the musical always seems to go better when there are more members in it!
And I'm glad things have slowed down with Ward Conferences! I'm sure they went great!
It's crazy how fast time is flying. But I am absolutely loving it. It's going by way too fast though... It doesn't seem to slow down! It can keep going fast for Griffin and Austin Sork, but I want mine to slow down haha! Elder Ciminski and I have gotten along really well so far. We both have a desire to work. And that desire to work I know comes from you and Dad! I'm so thankful for that.
My ponderizing scripture for this week is Omni 1:26 "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved." I know that when we lay our whole souls out there, that Jesus Christ will make up the difference. The beautiful thing about missionary work, and about anything in this life, is that the Lord doesn't ask us to be perfect, He just asks us to try. And when we sincerely try our best and lay it all out there, that's when the miracles come.
I love you so much Mom! thanks for letting me know how y'all are doing. It sounds like you are doing great as well. The school year is almost over! you can do it!
I love you so so so much, and I'll talk to you soon.
Love
Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment