Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, June 6, 2016

District Leading is Hard!

Hey Mom!!
I'm glad you liked those pictures! I loved your text back, he read them to us haha! I'm a little bit sun burned... haha! Ah well. It's been very warm recently! About 85 to 90 degrees, but the humidity is what kills me. I can't believe it's over 100 over there! That is insane!
My new companion Elder Ciminski, and I get along really well! and he really likes to clean which is a plus... haha! Our trailer was pretty dirty... but it looks really good now! He's from Gilbert, Arizona. My first companion not from Utah! He came out one transfer after I did, so He's been out for about 8 months ish. It is soooooo nice to be able to drive again! I love it! I don't have to grip onto the hand holds while my companion is driving crazily... haha! We have a Ford Fusion. It's kinda big, but It's fun to drive.
Being a District Leader is really really hard. I'm not going to lie! Something I'm learning right away is the importance of Humility. That's always a good Christ Like attribute to have, but it's also probably the hardest one to keep. I have definitely been humbled in these past couple days. Between being Senior companion for the first time, taking over the area, and now having leadership, there's been a lot on my plate! But I have absolutely loved it.
We had a district meeting last Friday and it was so cool! I get time during the week to plan out what I'm going to do at district meeting, so I had planned it out and each segment I put a time next to it so that I could make sure I filled up our 90 minute meeting! But our first two segments were short and I all of a sudden had 20 extra minutes. I was kinda panicking and scrambling, but I took a deep breath, said a little prayer in my heart, and the Spirit FILLED the room. Like it was the coolest thing! Right after that, our discussions were more led by the Spirit, everyone was more willing to participate, and I was more confident up there leading! It was so cool. I know that wouldn't have happened if I didn't turn to the Lord and ask for His help. I couldn't have done it on my own. This is going to be a very humbling experience for me, but it's something I definitely needed! Not only do I have my own proselyting area, but I also get to serve the other missionaries in my district! I'm super excited!
That's kind of a weird school year! But I hope the last concert goes well! And I'm so happy for Sammy! He's definitely the most inspirational haha!
So this was kind of a crazy week, but it was really cool! From Monday to  Wednesday I was in a trio cause I said goodbye to Elder Dumont on Monday! It was sad, but it was pretty fun to be in a trio! We taught some pretty good lessons. Then on Wednesday we got back and went to work. I've been a little bit more tired recently, but I can definitely tell the Lord is strengthening me. Saturday was probably our hardest working day, and I was so happy after it! We were outside all day, (probably why I got sunburned) and we were trying to find some people to teach! We left and it was overcast, but the sun quickly came out and we didn't have enough miles to go back to the trailer haha! So we just kept working! I was so tired that night, but it was totally worth it. We taught only one lesson that day, but I felt like I worked so hard and was proud of it. We met some pretty crazy people tracting too haha! Someone cornered us on an ATV and told us not to come back, someone sicked their dogs on us, (we think), and someone showed us all their animals that they had! So it was a pretty eventful day. OH and the Greene family came to church again yesterday!!! They are so cool. We are hopefully going to set them with baptismal date tonight! Oh and my investigator Matt from Poquoson that I worked with the whole time I was there, got baptized a couple days ago!!!! I'm so happy for him. I love that guy.
So yeah I think that's about it for this week! I'm still loving it our here. My ponderizing scripture is giving me comfort for what is going to come, "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." (Deuteronomy 31:6) I know that the Lord is with me always! In the words of President Monson "When you're on the Lord's errand, you're entitled to the Lord's help!" I know it!
Anyway, you sound like you're doing great Mom! I love you so much. Thank you for all the love and support I feel every day. And tell Grandma and Grandpa that I love them!
Love you so much, and talk to you next week!
Elder Collier

Out in the country

Long ride home! (don't worry, I wasn't driving!)

I love it here!

New Companion

Matt from Poquoson got baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment