Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, April 18, 2016

Transfers Strike Again!

Hey Mom!!

Sammy and Avery look like they had  a great time at prom! Those pictures are fantastic! Dad does such a great job! 

This week was great! I had such a good time this week. We had a ward talent show, so that's where I sang Never Be the Same! It was such a fun activity. Our investigator Matt actually drove us there and back, it was so fun! And Sister Moon is the greatest! She's feeding us on Tuesday and she asked what I wanted! 

I did find out that I got transferred though... I'm going to miss Poquoson so much! I have met so many great people here in this ward! I got a few pictures to send home with people. I have learned so much from my time here in Poquoson, and I hope I can leave an impact on the ward members here! 
Elders from Jonny's District

Family from his ward

Investigator Matt

Another family from Poquoson

Another family... their son just got his call to Mexico

The next 3 pics are ward families



Okey from Nigeria




I'm getting transferred to the Currituck branch in North Carolina! I'm going to be in the same district as the Nag's Head missionaries and I think I have a slice of the outer banks in my area! I'm really excited. My new address is going to be 141 Little Joe's Lane, Barco, North Carolina 27917. We live in a trailer park! No joke! I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited. My new companion's name is Elder Dumont, and he is on his last transfer in the mission! So that will be pretty cool as well. I'm nervous, but really excited for the change. I'm also just fairly excited to get a new companion... so that'll be nice!

That is so cool that Reed got baptized this week. I know that he has made the right decision, and I'm so excited for him! and that's also really cool that Zach got to baptize him! 

I cannot believe Morgan is married already... tell her I said congratulations! 

Other than transfers, not a lot happened this week! Our investigator Matt is doing as great as always. He still hasn't set a date, but we've got him thinking about one! He mentioned June, so it's getting close! I love that guy. He comes to church every week, and is living all the commandments and reading the book of Mormon. He's doing everything he needs to! Ah well, he'll get there eventually and I'll be so happy when that day comes! Matt came to a baptism on Saturday and he really enjoyed it. I think that he's going to set a date sooner rather than later. I'm just sad I'm going to miss it... I've been working with him my entire time in Poquoson!

We went on two exchanges this week! I was with my district leader on Tuesday, and I was able to learn a lot from him! Part of the reason I'm excited to go to a new area is that I can meet a lot of new people. (I have NEVER been like this in my life! haha!) I honestly can say that I want to talk to new people though! That's already one of the ways that the mission has changed me! I absolutely love being out here. 

Not much else to talk about this week... Okey went back to Africa... But he said he's going email me when he can! And our BIshop is going to make sure the mission president over there knows that he's there! Other than that it's just been another great week.

My ponderizing scripture is going to be 1 Nephi 1:3 "And I know that the record which I make is ture; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge." I just love how Nephi opens up the Book of Mormon essentially with his testimony of it! He actually wrote this record, and he knows that it is true. And I know that this book is true as well! I have read it and prayed about it, and I know it's true. And because of that, I just want to let everyone know! 

It sounds like you are doing great Mom! Let Grandma know I wished her a happy birthday! I'll get her a card as soon as I can. 

I love you so much Mom! I I know the church is true! I'll talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment