Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, April 18, 2016

Another Week as a Missionary!

Hey Mom!

It's been a pretty good week this week. It's funny to see the amount of emails and letters you get go down the longer you are out in the field... haha! But I'm glad to hear from you guys. It sounds like you had a lot of fun over Spring Break! I wish we could go to Hawaii some time too.. haha. My companion the other day was telling me how EVERY SINGLE Christmas his family goes to Hawaii. Who does that? haha. There's so many other fun things to do like the National Parks! Ah well haha. 

I can't believe Sammy is going to Prom... crazy. They sound like they are going to have fun! And Elder Lee is married? What? THat's so weird!!

I haven't been able to get my bike fixed just cause I haven't had a lot of time but I'm going to take it in today! Hopefully they can fix it for free, cause it shouldn't have broken that fast! I'll see what they can do. I've got a bike right now that some members are loaning me! But I do like my bike a lot better. I'll let you know what happens!

I may need a few more long sleeve white shirts... I've gotten a few stains on 2 of them from pens and bike grease. You do a lot more on your mission in a white shirt and tie than you would do at any other point in your life haha! 

We have not been able to teach that family again... but the son said that his dad was reading the Book of Mormon! Their dad left on another trip though. He took the Book of Mormon with him which is a good sign! But they do not really want to meet with us without him. We'll still keep checking up on them though and see what happens! 

Our investigator Okey from Nigeria leaves this week and it's super sad! Our Bishop is going to contact the mission president over there and make sure that they don't miss him. He's so solid! I'm so excited for him. He really wants to get baptized and loves the church and has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. I have been able to feel the Spirit so strong in those lessons! We have one more lesson with him, so hopefully I can get a picture of him to send home. He's going to go and convert his whole family! I'm so excited to see where that goes. The gospel is so true. 

Thursday was a long day... I got some sort of stomach bug and it was awful. I got it all out of my system, but all day Thursday I was in bed or throwing up. It reminded my of December my senior year when I was sick! It definitely wasn't that bad though which was nice. I feel perfectly fine now though. It was so weird! I may have also been dehydrated, so I've been drinking a lot of gatorade. 

I don't have much to talk about this week, but I love being out here. I feel that I have truly become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I just want to share it with others because it is so important! My ponderizing scripture for this week is 2 Nephi 2:8 "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save ti be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise." We have learned about the Atonement and Resurrection and it is just so important that we go out and share it with others! I love that I can do this every day. I'm excited to make the Gospel a part of my life more and more every day, especially from the changes I see in others. 

I love you Mom! I'm so grateful to hear from you every week. The church is so true. 

Love you so much,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment