Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, February 13, 2017

O How Great the Plan of Our God!

Hey Mom!

My Mission President did call me on Wednesday night. So I've known since Grandpa passed away. I chose not to call just cause I didn't want to distract myself, and I had just gotten a new companion, like that day, so I didn't really know what to do. But I want you to know that I love you and every one else so much. Thank you for your support during this time. Honestly, it didn't really hit me until today when I read your email that he's actually gone now, but I'm doing okay. This last week was just filled with Miracles though and I just want to let you know some of them that happened. Because this was one of the most Spirit Filled weeks of my mission, and I think Grandpa was with me through out it. And I hope he can still be with me. 

Thank you for telling me the story of what happened that night. I'm sure that was a very Spiritual Experience. It was super amazing to hear. Grandpa was an amazing man. He loved grandma so much, and loved and cared about us all. 






It feels so good to have a legit companion with me. Elder Shill is THE MAN. I swear he's going to be one of my favorite companions. I'm glad I was with him when I got the call from President Weed. I'm learning so much from him. We made a focus for the transfer that we are going to remember and live, "Because we Love Christ: we humbly submit our will to his by praying with real intent, and acting on the first prompting we receive." And putting this to work has been amazing. It has just been to cool really follow the Spirit while you are out here. We decided this because we are focusing on helping the members of the ward pray with real intent for missionary opportunities, and then act on those promptings, so we are doing it ourselves. 

We taught very few lessons this week, but one was an awesome lesson. HIs name is Jalon, and he is the friend of a Young Single Adult member of the ward. She wanted to have us over for dinner, but we needed a third male with us in order to do that, so she invited him. And we ended up teaching him the Restoration and it went SUPER WELL! He wasn't able to come to church on sunday because he got called into work, but he still wants to meet with us again! And Madi, the member, was super excited after ward and she has been doing such a good job at following up with him and helping him keep his commitments. She is just super excited about missionary work now which is great to see!! 

There wasn't a lot else that happened this week, just that I love working with Elder Shill! He's super fun, from Farmington, Utah. He's been about for 2 transfers less than I have, and this is his first transfer being a zone leader, so we are figuring this out together. 

This week was totally filled with the Spirit. He will always be with us, we just have to do things that will invite Him into our lives. I was thinking about a ponderizing scripture, and the first scripture I turned to this morning was 2 Nephi 9:13 "O how great the plan of our God! For on the other hand ,the paradise of God must deliver up the spirits of the righteous, and the grave deliver up the body of the righteous; and the spirit and the body is restored to itself again, and all men become incorruptible, and immortal, and they are living souls, having a  perfect knowledge like unto us in the flesh, save it be that our knowledge shall be perfect."  I KNOW that the plan of Salvation is real. I feel the calming assurance every time I read this that we will live again. And through the Restored Priesthood authority, that Grandpa held, we can be sealed as families for eternity. It's such an amazing truth to have and I just love it so much that I literally share it with someone every day. 

Good things are happening here in New Bern. Thank you so much for everything Mom! I love you so much. I promise to work as hard as I can! And I just know that Grandpa and Grandma Collier have been helping me, and now Grandpa Doty is going to be right there with them. 

I hope you have a great week this week. I pray for you all every day.

Love you so much,

Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment