Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Monday, January 4, 2016

Trial of Faith

Hey Mom!

The New Year was pretty fun. We didn't have a member to go to... but we did have to be inside at 5:00 so we had dinner with a member and then just went home afterward. We went inside and played some games and stuff! Spot It has been a good addition!

 I was also taking some time reflecting on the past year. I cannot believe everything that has happened within just the last twelve months. Last January, I was still a Senior, hadn't even been accepted into BYU yet, and then so many things happened. I was accepted into BYU, I graduated, got my mission call, went to the Temple and then started my mission! Not to mention the musical, going to Salt Lake for National ACDA and countless other choir and sports events. And just all the friends that I made this year alone. It was honestly one of my favorite years. And I was looking forward to what this year will be like. At the end of 2016 I want to look back and say, "This was the best year of my life." And I know that that can happen, I just have to keep working hard, learning from my mistakes, being obedient, and good things will come!

I'm glad you guys had a lot of fun! What snow?? I can't believe it. It finally got cold here... again. The weather keeps going from hot to cold to hot to rainy to cold. It's so random I never know what it'll be like. Now we just have been bundling up in so many layers! That sweater is really coming in handy! 

There was a pretty big change that happened in the mission recently. So all wards that had two sets of missionaries were told last month to divide the area geographically. We had already done that so we were already working on our half of the geographic area which is basically just the York County side of the ward. But we were just told that we are never supposed to leave our boundaries for ANY reason. Including dinner with members! So that has been a really tough one for a lot of missionaries. We can only have dinner with the members that live in our half of the area, and the Sisters can only have dinner with the members that live on their side. A lot of missionaries have been struggling to deal with it, and even some wards have tried to call the mission president... But I know that this will just be a trial of our faith. When we do what our Mission President asks, we are blessed, so we just have to do it. I'm not too concerned about it because we still have a ton of members that feed us on our side. I just feel bad for the sisters because not a lot of members live on their side! We may have to redraw the line, but we are still trying to work it out. 

This last P-day was pretty fun, we went to a gymnastics gym with 8 other Elders in the Zone and just hung out there for a couple hours! It was owned by a member so she let us all in for free. We played dodgeball and jumped in the foam pit and stuff, it was pretty fun.

We got a new investigator this week! I was so excited, it's the first new investigator that we have gotten since I have been here. We knocked on his door and we taught him the Restoration in about 15 minutes. Our mission has been stressing short powerful lessons, so that's pretty normal. We found out that he knows one of the Priests in the ward so the next day we brought him with us and we talked about the Book of Mormon with him. I hope that he will read it. We are going to meet with him again on Saturday.

Oh crazy thing, I tried an avocado smoothie the other day... It was really interesting. One of the members went to Brazil on his mission and he said he made it all the time so he made it for us. The taste got better as you kept drinking it... haha! But I actually kinda liked it! I may have to make it sometime.

I hope everything gets figured out with Skyla, and with Grandma and Grandpa. I will keep praying for them that everything will be okay.

My ponderizing scripture for this week is 2 Nephi 31:20: "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." I know that if we press forward with a perfect brightness of hope as Nephi says, that we can really be happy. That happiness is real! 

I'm glad everything is going well. I love you so much and I'm glad that you had a good new years. It's fine that you haven't sent my iPod yet! But could I possibly get it this week or next week? Just whenever you find the time, I know you are busy!

I love you so much, hope you have a great week this week!

Your son,
Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment