Send Jonny a Letter!


Send Jonny a letter!!

Elder Jonathan Collier
1015 Norwyk Ln.
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Transfer Week and Snow!

Hey Mom!

Those pictures were so cool right?? haha! I should have told her about the dead possum! She probably wouldn't have liked that though... she loves her possum. That was so a crazy story.

My week was really great. We have two investigators that we meet with consistently every single week and they are doing so well. They have both come to church the past two weeks! But they also both don't want to set a baptismal date quite yet... But I love both of them. Our lessons are always filled with the spirit and they always talk about how they look forward to the lessons! Matt is one of them, and we actually went running with him one morning! That was pretty fun. And we are going to go have lunch with Ted today. 

Elder Hailstone is getting transferred! We got the call on Saturday, and he is going down to Woodington North Carolina which is near Kinston. My new companion is going to be Elder Sorenson, who apparently was in the MTC with Elder Hailstone. So another companion that has only been out for 6 more weeks than me! I'm a little bit more nervous because now I have to "Take over the area" but apparently I will be able to do it. I feel a little unqualified, but I know that "the Lord qualifies whom he calls." I am so glad that I can stay in this ward though because this ward is so great! The members are awesome and I love being able to spend time with them at dinners and at our meetings. They are very supportive and love missionaries. 

A little tender mercy happened on Sunday. I was still pretty nervous for the upcoming transfer, and Elder Hailstone was sad to leave, but right after Sacrament Meeting it started snowing! It snowed until the end of church and then for a couple more hours after that! It was so awesome to just get some pictures, and we even went tracting in it later that day. It was so unexpected too! The day before, I wore a short sleeve shirt and the sun was out. Then it snowed yesterday, and now the Sun is out today, although it is below freezing temperatures. I don't understand Virginia weather!! It's so unpredictable. But it is pretty fun.




Snow storm!
 

 

 


This Wednesday we are having a World Wide Mission Training! It's pretty cool that every single missionary in the world is going to be watching this at the same time. I am pretty excited! It's also transfer day so it will be a little hectic, but we'll make it work. We are driving down to Portsmouth with the Sisters in our ward, and then watching the conference, then Elder Hailstone is staying and going to North Carolina. I am then going to go back up with the Yorktown Elders who are in the ward right next to mine and then I will spend a couple hours with them proselyting while I wait for my companion to get to Portsmouth from North Carolina. Then I have to drive back there with my Ward Mission Leader and pick him up. It will be a crazy day, but I am so excited for the conference! 


P-Day Basketball!
 

 


I'm glad that Grandma and Grandpa are doing better. I hope everything goes smoothly with getting the house in order. 

My scripture that I am ponderizing this week is 1 John 4:7-9 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." I know that God loves each and every single one of us. There is a reason why the first thing we talk about as missionaries is "God is our loving Heavenly Father." that's literally what he is! He loves us, He cares about us, and He knows us. 

I will always press forward with a perfect brightness of hope. That has been one of the most read scriptures on my mission! 

I love you so much Mom! I love reading your emails every week. I hope everything continues to go well for you all back home. 

Talk to you next week!

Love, your son,
Elder Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment